close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Frabill Venture 3 man Shanty

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by TxTransplant, Nov 30, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

0   0   0

Hey guys I have a Frabill Venture for sell. Used 2 years and in great shape. No tears! They advertise it here http://www.fish307.com/fish/FrabillVenture.htm for 229.00 new and call it a 3 man shanty. I have fished 2 people comfortably with electronics but believe 3 would be too much. I'm selling it because I will be fishing alone alot this year and it is a bear to set up by yourself! I live on Portage Lakes if anyone wants to look at it. Selling it for 100.00. PM me if interested or you have any questions.

Gene

2. greg3891

greg3891

0   0   0

hey Gene I am interested give me a call 330-807-7503
    is this bhe black one with yellow lettering.

3. TxTransplant

0   0   0

Yes it is black with yellow lettering. Just like the one in the link I posted.

Gene

4. WOW! Good price on that shanty Gene. I'm trying to squeeze out as much OT as I can so I can buy that power auger AND a new 2-man shanty.

Did you decide on a replacement yet???

5. TxTransplant

0   0   0

Yea Carl.....think I'll go with the Shappell 3000DX. Same weight, same price, more room than the 1 man flip overs and easier to set up than my Frabill. I can fish it alone or with someone. The Frabill is just too hard to set up by myself and the flip overs I don't like the idea of having my feet on the ice. I'm not as tough as you are!

Gene

6. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Gene I use a flip over frabill ultra lite. I love it but your feet will get cold on the ice. To remedy this I sit in the sled sounds wierd but since I am only 5'8" with my boots on I can actually fish sitting upright sitting on my cooler. It also makes for more room for electronics and 3 holes etc.

Scott

7. TxTransplant

0   0   0

Papascott, is the base larger on the ranger solo than the ultra lite? I think I'm still pretty sold on the carpeted Shappell, and being able to let someone fish with me if needed. Looks like it will set up just as easy too. My concern is the durability of the covering of the Shappell.

Gene

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

There is an easy solution to the feet on the ice. Craig Fletcher and and a couple others showed me. Just a couple simple rubber mats like the car mats you can get. Keeps your feet nice and warm and they dont take up any room in the shanty ;)

9. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

0   0   0

Bigdaddy..... Looking forward to comming up and fishing up at Presque with you guys this year. Gonna take some vacation time. :)

10. Gonna be fun. The ice can't get here soon enough!!!

Floor mats or a carpet scrap are a GREAT idea for keeping feet off the ice.

11. Jerkbait

Jerkbait

0   0   0

Hey TX what are you doing ? Kicking me out on the ice with Big Daddy? :(
    Maybe I should buy it? Oh. Wait a minute. I did that once already.

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

Gene, you'll love the sharpell. That's what I have now. Lots of room for 2 people and if your alone you can set up a cot :D Stes up fast and the carpet floor with the trap doors are real nice too. Get the add on ski's too, make it soooo easy to pull. Carls right, ice can't get here soon enough!! ;)

13. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

0   0   0

Whoa I'm not done with the night bite yet. The way the weather's been I think Carl's been doing that stupid dance!
    DC

14. TxTransplant

0   0   0

WOW thought I was losing my mind! Then I noticed that post was in 2004! It's LONG GONE! LOL

Gene

15. LOL! I think the cold is getting to all you guys!!! Maybe I should slow the dance... NAHHH!!! ;)

16. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

NO!!!!! KEEP DANCING!!!!! :p

17. newbuckeye

newbuckeye newest permanant buckeye

0   0   0

Sorry about that TX, i was reading the post and didn't even look at the dates. Then nothing was said about it being sold.....

18. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

0   0   0

What does your shanty being gone have to do with you losing your mind? Two unrelated subjects :D

See you at Presque!