Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
I fish Fox every once in a while . Yes its fishable with children in spots ,It has a nice wooden floating dock to fish from , It has a railing all the way around it , if the kids are smal it would be great for them.. And at the dam its pretty good to fish , Ive took my lil girl there alot to fish ..Good place for Blue Gill , Bass And Catfish. If you need any more info let me know.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fish Fox every once in a while . Yes its fishable with children in spots ,It has a nice wooden floating dock to fish from , It has a railing all the way around it , if the kids are smal it would be great for them.. And at the dam its pretty good to fish , Ive took my lil girl there alot to fish ..Good place for Blue Gill , Bass And Catfish. If you need any more info let me know.
Thanks riverwader. the way it was described online on a diff site sounded as if it was grown over and not fishable unless you were a pro or man lol. I think you know what I mean.

we have never been to it but a friend told us about fox lake so we are going camping in athens this week end so we can fish at fox lake. i was just going to let my husband go alone while we stayed at camp. so to hear that kids can fish their makes me a whole lot happier! LOL!

·
Just a blind man trying to catch a fish!!!!!!
1,978 Posts
Woody, Where are you camping at in Athens? The last time I was there it wasnt grown over.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we camped at indian mound campgrounds. It was ok. There were some fights, some drinking, pond was gross. Kids swam in it but not me and my husband. So I was disapointed about that. then again I knew they ahd a pond and not a pool.

Fishing at fox lake was nice. it was nice for the kids. we fished off the dock. kids caught blue gills. we got 1 cat fish and 1 small crappie. It was hot and well I just thought it would have gone better than it had.

I am positive that our trip to the OGF get together will be way better.

It was also hard b/c we inherited a dog friday and rather than see it go to the pound we took her with us camping. well I have allergies thus why I have no inside dogs. It was very hard for me (connie) b/c the dog road in the van with us. I had a hard time with that. Great dog though. I have 3 dogs of my own but they are outside dogs.

oh and the neighbors faught till wee hours of the morning. I am a social drinker and all but I felt the drinking got a bit out of hand.

So the trip was ok. Will I go back? to fox lake yes. the campground? hmm big maybe. the owners are awesome but I prefer somewhere I can swim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts