close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fox lake

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodysoutdoors, May 25, 2007.

1. Has anyone been to fox lake? is it fishable for children?

2. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

I fish Fox every once in a while . Yes its fishable with children in spots ,It has a nice wooden floating dock to fish from , It has a railing all the way around it , if the kids are smal it would be great for them.. And at the dam its pretty good to fish , Ive took my lil girl there alot to fish ..Good place for Blue Gill , Bass And Catfish. If you need any more info let me know.

3. Thanks riverwader. the way it was described online on a diff site sounded as if it was grown over and not fishable unless you were a pro or man lol. I think you know what I mean.

we have never been to it but a friend told us about fox lake so we are going camping in athens this week end so we can fish at fox lake. i was just going to let my husband go alone while we stayed at camp. so to hear that kids can fish their makes me a whole lot happier! LOL!

4. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Woody, Where are you camping at in Athens? The last time I was there it wasnt grown over.

5. we camped at indian mound campgrounds. It was ok. There were some fights, some drinking, pond was gross. Kids swam in it but not me and my husband. So I was disapointed about that. then again I knew they ahd a pond and not a pool.

Fishing at fox lake was nice. it was nice for the kids. we fished off the dock. kids caught blue gills. we got 1 cat fish and 1 small crappie. It was hot and well I just thought it would have gone better than it had.

I am positive that our trip to the OGF get together will be way better.

It was also hard b/c we inherited a dog friday and rather than see it go to the pound we took her with us camping. well I have allergies thus why I have no inside dogs. It was very hard for me (connie) b/c the dog road in the van with us. I had a hard time with that. Great dog though. I have 3 dogs of my own but they are outside dogs.

oh and the neighbors faught till wee hours of the morning. I am a social drinker and all but I felt the drinking got a bit out of hand.

So the trip was ok. Will I go back? to fox lake yes. the campground? hmm big maybe. the owners are awesome but I prefer somewhere I can swim.