Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
i saw a 3' muskie floating the riprap on hoover a few weeks ago. this heat has been atrocious to fish, both for the anglers and the fish. glad we've got some cooler weather for a short while.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
yup. confirmed.
Awesome man! I always wonder how many are in there. There have been at least one maybe two posted up on here over the years. And a very knowledgeable fisherman friend of mine seen 2 on the end of a laydown a few years ago. I joked an told him they was gar. But he knows the difference an I'm certain he seen what he thinks he seen...
To bad it didnt make it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Even though we may not know how that fish ended up where it was, I think that this is a great opportunity to talk about how we can do our best to keep fish healthy if we are going to try and fool them into biting sharp metal objects. This is an important read if you care about that:

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/fishing/how-to-safely-catch-and-release.htm

Another thing worth mentioning is going "barbless". We all have our own thoughts and ideas about fishing, which is what makes this such a great resource for all of us. In my own experience, flattening the barbs of my hooks has sure made it easier on the fish after I catch them. Sure, if you plan on eating your catch and you are especially hungry, keeping those barbs on likely helps a bit.

It is important to ask ourselves why we go fishing in the first place, if these considerations towards fish, and their environment, aren't important to us.

·
cheeryo
969 Posts
bass tourney at Indian a couple weeks ago, after weigh in I found three 2 to 3 lb bass floating dead in moundwood channel. the big fish have a hard time in the livewells

1 - 7 of 7 Posts