close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found the boat that went over Griggs....

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by acklac7, Jan 16, 2005.

1. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Bassnpro1 im assuming this is the boat you saw go over Griggs? "I got to see a boat go over the dam, it was a wooden row boat and it got smashed up pretty good" Maybe this is a different one,since its metal...but man did it take a beating....Found it today just downstream of griggs...

Attached Files:

• b2.jpg
      b2.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks like with a little work she'd be back in service! That just shows the power of water. If anyone would have been in that boat they would have never been found. Great picture, Thanks.

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

4. What's aluminum bringing by the pound nowadays???surprised that it hasnt been "recycled" by the boys under the bridge?

5. Dude where's my boat? :rolleyes: :D That would suck. I hope nobody was in it.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

You mean green aluminum boats don't fly when launched over the dam? Shucks.

7. If there was a wooden boat, I have a feeling that it may not be found, considering what happened to the aluminum boat.

8. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

That might have been the one that i saw go over. I must have been mistaken when I saw it, i just caught it as it was flowing over and thought it looked wooden through the mist. But that is the same color and the damage on it looks the same with the front smashed down. If it is the same one that is pretty cool, I thought it would have been down to the ohio river by now

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

All I can say is Wow! :eek:

10. Good work AJ. Can't imagine walking down there now with the wind and the cold.
    We appreciate your work.

11. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

The wind and the cold isn't all that bad, if your wearing: 2 sweatshirts, winter coat,2 pairs of gloves,hat,scarf,long underwear,sweatpants,wool socks and neopreene boot liners. (which takes about 20min to suit up) The one thing that does get on my nerves is iced up rod tips (which happens alot when its like 10 degrees). But it all is worth it when the sunken "log" you just snagged into mysteriously starts swimming up the bank....

Attached Files:

12. mercy! whoa nellie! nice pic. all this water is crazy...i hope all our fishy friends don't get lost.