Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are the biggest bluegill I have personally caught.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I SUCK! Haven't gotten a deer in over 20 years! And I would never take a gun on possible private property. No way. I do respect the properties I go onto. If they are groomed and any sign of life, I stay away.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,940 Posts
But I SUCK! Haven't gotten a deer in over 20 years! And I would never take a gun on possible private property. No way. I do respect the properties I go onto. If they are groomed and any sign of life, I stay away.

NICE, but,,, Sooner-or-later, the MAN will take EVERYTHING YOU OWN!
Maybe you shouldn't have posted the 'FACE' pic? :p
Good Luck!

Are you saying that you HUNTED for 20 YEARS and never got a deer? :confused:
Where you from? You Hunt near what city????

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I used to hunt in Clay West Virginia and came home with a buck for many years, but with kids, work, football baseball and marching band practices, I never have the time. Most years I only go to public hunting grounds and like everything public in Ohio, its over hunted. My son and I barely even see squirrels when its that season. Someday when the kids are all grown up and if I can still walk (lol) hunting will take a higher priority.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,940 Posts
LOL,,, KIDS TOO?
Bummer you didn't say WHERE?

I felt sorry for ya,,,,,,,,,,,
(I was gonna give ya LL's of my #1 favorite squirrel/ bow hunting spot!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Posted or not, groomed or not thats trespassing. Someone owns it and unless you have permission i think it is total disrespect. You go to all the trouble to find the ponds why not take a lil extra work and find out who owns it and get permission.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
posted or not, groomed or not thats trespassing. Someone owns it and unless you have permission i think it is total disrespect. You go to all the trouble to find the ponds why not take a lil extra work and find out who owns it and get permission.

Posted using outdoor hub campfire
+1............

·
Registered
434 Posts
Posted or not, groomed or not thats trespassing. Someone owns it and unless you have permission i think it is total disrespect. You go to all the trouble to find the ponds why not take a lil extra work and find out who owns it and get permission.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
It's amazing that when someone posts something on here how quickly they are ran down for it. You people should stop treating others like crap on here. Guess what??? You're not perfect either. I get on Google Maps and look for new spots all the time. If I am asked to leave I do..not a problem. Anyway good job on the fish. Don't worry about these so called nice people on here and keep doing what your doing...There's nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks...I changed my post to keep the riff raff down. I actually do try to find the owners and I have made a couple good friends that way I explain how I came upon the property and explain to them that I have used fishing to maintain sobriety for over two years now. Many of the places I have a deal that I bring a garbage bag and pick up any trash surrounding the pond. Also....I actually asked my brother in law that is a lawyer, and he said if there is not a posting on the property, then you cannot get in trouble with trespassing unless you're vandalizing property. He also said "play at your own risk" LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh...and we tried hunting Findley area, and over on the east side. We have only used shotgun but my 12 y/o boy is talking me into crossbows!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It's amazing that when someone posts something on here how quickly they are ran down for it. You people should stop treating others like crap on here. Guess what??? You're not perfect either. I get on Google Maps and look for new spots all the time. If I am asked to leave I do..not a problem. Anyway good job on the fish. Don't worry about these so called nice people on here and keep doing what your doing...There's nothing wrong with it.
Lol.. and that reply leads me to believe you don't own any property of any acreage. I've never felt the need to "post" my property unitl now.
Anyhow, this is a fishing forum so I'll go away now saying nice gills, despite the fact you did poach them.

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
be careful with it. personally, I don't think I'd want to take the risk of getting chased out with a shotgun. I still far too young to die. next time you should find the owner and ask first. I'm sure someone whould let you fish.

·
Finny's Custom Rods
670 Posts
LOL,,, KIDS TOO?
Bummer you didn't say WHERE?

I felt sorry for ya,,,,,,,,,,,
(I was gonna give ya LL's of my #1 favorite squirrel/ bow hunting spot!)
I hit Mosquito on Thursday...beautiful day...a few fish...but where the hell did you move "OUR" stump???

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The biggest problem I see here is misidentified fish;);)lol Well, I guess you're half right.

Google Earth(and other maps) are fantastic tools to find new spots, but as others have said, you gotta watch where you fish sometimes as it may be private(which doesn't mean you can't fish it, just gotta ask as you and others have said).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Iam not going to pass judgement on you, non of us on here are perfect, I commend you on your sobriety and being involved with your kids,don't wait till they are grown to hunt, some of the best time spent with my sons has been hunting, do your homework, there are some decent public hunting areas around.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree these guys need to lighten up. I always say if you're catching 5-6 lb bass, you probably shouldn't be there. I always respect someone else's property and leave it cleaner than when I came. Always cpr so I can comeback to a good spawn of fish next year, have released many mount worthy fish just because they weren't mine to keep. Besides if he's the one breaking the law he already knows the consequences, that's why you always take cheap gear:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts