Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have my name and phone number on mine. I lost two yesterday in heavy waves, both were recovered. First caller said I wasn't getting it back (claimed salvage rights? Sure bud.). Second caller was gracious enough to return the board without taking the reward offered (which I advertise if returned). Thankfully we do have nice people out and about...and only a few smucks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don’t have a clue. Hard to figure out some people. My reward to a returned board is a very well known popular treat valued at $22.95! Go figure. Shines sell boards for $29.00

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
686 Posts
I have my name and phone number on mine. I lost two yesterday in heavy waves, both were recovered. First caller said I wasn't getting it back (claimed salvage rights? Sure bud.). Second caller was gracious enough to return the board without taking the reward offered (which I advertise if returned). Thankfully we do have nice people out and about...and only a few smucks.
Now that first caller just needs a good old fashion a$$ whoopin. What a D bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
The guy who called wanted to know what the reward was. I imagine when he told the boat owner (AKA cap't) the " Cap't said I'm not giving it back". Caller said Cap't claimed "salvage rights".

·
Registered
561 Posts
Amazing what and how people justify their actions! He was probably thinking you'd buy it back from him for what a new one costs and he'd make a quick $30! I lost a couple Walleye Boards this year and they had my name and phone number. No calls yet...Not holding my breath...Maybe that guy has them and decided to stop calling! LOL!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one I found doesn't have a name or phone number.... How long should I wait to find an owner, and then what do I do with it? It isn't the brand that I use so I hate to see it just collecting dust.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Personally if someone doesn’t claim it with a description after 14 days I would put it on eBay or CL and sell it or give it to a friend. Use it for gas money. You tried your best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts