Ohio Game Fishing banner

Found Auger on Mosquito

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Steelhauler 
#1 · (Edited)
I found an auger Saturday 1-20.
Describe it and where, I'll meet you and get it back to you.
You owe me a six pack of Corona and a lime. ☺

#6 ·
Bump. I don't want this post to get buried. I want the guy to get his auger back. It's a nice piece of equipment and I would hate to lose mine.
I'll call the bait shops tomorrow and spread the word.
If I don't hear anything. anyone want to buy an auger. :)
I'll give you say a.....six pack of Corona....

#15 ·
How'd you know I liked Jack too?
Your offer was sounding really good.
Unfortunately I have to shut down the auction. I called Causeway Bait Shop.
The owner called them too and left his number.
We just got off the phone. I'll be getting it back to him this weekend.
View attachment 253755
Good job! I'll rescind my offer.

#17 ·
This reminds me of a funny but true story:

Probably about 20 years ago, I was fishing the weed beds of LaDue off the 44 ramp in my canoe. Buddy is fishing with me, not paying attention and as he casts, his treble hook caught a rod that I was not using at the time....and it went flying into the weeds. Couldn't find it. He felt bad and bought me a new set up.

Went back a week later with some googles and swim suits. Couldn't find it. (We weren't swimming. We were attempting to preserve the natural environment by not littering.)

So, about two more weeks go by and a different buddy (who worked for an IT firm downtown) mentions that he worked with a guy whose father "caught" a perfectly good spinning rod at LaDue in the weed beds.

I described the outfit to a T, it was a perfect match, and the guy in the office never mentioned this to my buddy he worked with again. Guy kept my outfit.

Made for a great story.....then and now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.