close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found a nice shed last weekend

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by autopartman, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Found a nice shed last weekend - My father and I were checking the farm in Morgan Co were we hunt for deer sign and found a nice shed with five points on it. BUT the mice and squirels had pretty much ate most of the points and had left the main beam.
    Hopefully this will be a nice 10 pointer this year and wander by one of our stands. The deer had really been hitting the salt and minerial blocks.
    Morgan Co is very dry, Is all of Ohio this dry?

Good Luck this year, bow season is right around the corner.

2. I think the majority of the state is well below normal on water levels. I know we are in central Ohio. Some recent rains have helped a bit but we still have some catching up to do.

It is always encouraging to find those nice sheds because you know that the buck made it through the hunting seasons. Like you said hopefully he son't make it through another.;)

3. Had the kids out in our woods crow hunting last weekend. When my 3 year old tried to race the older ones to retrieve the crows she tripped over half an 8 point rack that was badly chewed. Nice to see that.....both the rack and getting the kids out.

By the way here in N.W. Ohio it is dry as a bone, my pond is down at least 6'. Gonna take some serious rain to fill her up!!!!