Found a couple of smallies today

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

Fished the Tusc this morning for about an hour. The smallies were hitting buzzbaits HARD !! 3rd cast of the day i landed a fat 13 inch smallie on one of my buddies homemade black buzzbaits !! about 3 casts later i had a decent smallie hit about a foot from the bank and miss the buzzbait, but he scared the hell out of me....LOL. moved downstream to another area......... a short while later i had 3 hits on a buzzbait on one cast............worst part was i missed all 3 fish......the first one hit as soon as the buzzbait hit the water and i had it on for a few cranks and it came off.............a couple cranks later as soon as the buzzbait hit the top again i had another fish explode on it and miss..................after about 5 more cranks the 3rd fish hit and missed the buzzbait again..........i couldnt believe it 3 hits in one cast. needless to say i worked this area over hard with the buzzbait and only had one other hit a fat 10 inch smallie that i caught !!! i made a few more casts and hung my buzzbait up on a stump and lost it so i went home !!!

[​IMG]

MY BIGGEST FROM TODAY ~~~

2. Sounds like an exciting day, we hope to hit the Tusc. on Sunday, its going to be to hot to hunt!