close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FOS/Vic's Outdoor Show is...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Feb 25, 2005.

1. AWESOME! A ton of tackle vendors this year. Rodmaker's Shop, Snug Harbor Tackle, Mogadore Bait & Tackle all withing spitting distance of the Summit Sportsmans booth. Heck, I spent a hundred bucks before 2pm and teh show started at 5pm!!! Some great deals. There are 8 or 9 tackle vendors alone, if not more.

Shake, I saw 2 of the trigger spin reels for float n fly. What kind of price should I push for?

2. hey carl i also seen you there. I bought a raffle ticket off of you. will be there tomorrow at the Metro Parks Fishing club booth. See you there, ohio bass

3. Yeah, I remember. I'll be there all day, pertty much, myself at teh SSA booth. We have a great deal on hand made pinmin style jigs, 3 for a buck. They work too and the hot Presque color is still there...

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Carl, you can get em for $22 at Andersons...so don't pay a penny more :D

Sounds like a sweet show!

5. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Carl are there many boat dealers there?

6. The two boat dealers are Vic's and Buckeye Sports. I don't think there is room for any others!! LOL

7. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

How late does the show run today?

8. Show hours on Sunday are from 9AM til 5PM. Sorry I didn't post today's.

Nice to meet kindlebeard, ParrotHead Jim, and those "REEL" people again. LOL. It was busy early then steadily slowed down through the day.

Two things... They are selling 2005 fishing licenses there AND we have discounted I-X Center outdoor show tickets at our booth. If anyone wants any, stop by.

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

As far as boat dealers, Vic's had four boats there, and I think Buckeye Sports had two or three. Certainly not the place to go to view a large selection of boats, but the show, although very small, was worth the $3 admission.

Mogadore B&T had a large selection of tackle at very reasonable prices. I got a bagful of Rapalas (the very ones I use on Mosquito) for $3.50 each, the same ones that all other local shops sell for $5.79.

That was the only thing I saw that had me reaching for my wallet.

10. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

I just got back from a long weekend at the show. I had to work all three days all day. Man am I worn out. It was a great show and met lots of people. Oh yeah who was the guy there today at the summit sportsmans club booth with a OGF hat? Thought about stopping by and say hey, but was to buisy.

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

glad i got to see a few guys and missed a few of you i think we may have 8-10 strong leads on charters it was a good show........if you missed me i was at the fishing ful charters booth the one with the cooler mount with the eyes in it check out www.lakeeriefishing911.com for more info............ :) sorry i got fishing on the brain ;) .............jim

12. The guy in the Summit Sportsmans booth with the TEAM OGF hat was cfish102. Seemed Sunday, we'd have no one there at the booth, then ten people would show up! It was crankin pretty good.

Nice to see a bunch of OGFers there. I spent waaaaay too much money on things I didn't really need, but I just couldn't let it go by! One of the better deals I found were Berkley Cherrywood rods, from Mogadore Bait & Tackle, 17 bucks. Great panfish rods....

I did manage to even break something there, it was my glasses. They fell apart Sunday afternoon for no apparent reason. Oh well.

Now, I have to get my open water stuff organized so after our trip to Presque this coming weekend, I can just slide the boat on into the open water in a couple weeks.

13. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

I always look forward to this show! I found some great deals at a couple vendors and a nice rod and reel for Ms. Kindlebeard...

It was nice meeting you, Big Daddy. You almost got me and my buddy to want to sit on a block of ice with your Presque Isle report. lol

14. Carl,
    That was the absolute worst excuse for a Sportman's Show I have ever seen. Go ahead and pull my reply if you like, as it is expected. My brother and I drove a half hour to see 2 boat dealers and about a quarter of the stuff we can see at any other show???? We were there last Saturday around noon, and you could have rolled a bowling ball through the middle and not hit a soul. Perhaps another venue? Maybe a few more exhibitors? I seem to remember attending a show at the same place a few years back, and there were quite a few more vendors. Did that show move?

15. cw261

cw261 Member

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as far as tackle vendors - there were more with better deals than at the big Cleveland show. It's not the biggest show around, but I thought my $3 admission was well spent. Better than sitting at home wishing for better local ice to fish on.

16. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

zyklonjed,

This was only the second time the show was put on. And they had about 3000 people that walked through the doors. You were probably there at a slow time, because Saturday morning it was jam packed. I was at a booth and Saturday was our best day. So I think the show was just fine.

17. Sorry you didn't enjoy the show "z".

The worst excuse for a show? LOL. everyone is entitled to their opinion.