Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
I usually don't use anything more than a half ounce, but I just count down and it seems to work. There is nothing scientific about it but if I want to be 12 foot down I just cast, then count to 12 and so on and so forth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been clearer on what I was asking. I was asking for trolling them, how much line out to stay at different depth.

G

·
It's been on other posting might want to search, but from what I remeber it is related to speed of trolling example 1 oz weight trolled at 1 mph 50 feet of line out will run a 25 feet down. At 2 mph a 2 oz weight will be the same 50 feet out and 25 feet down. You can probable eyeball to see if line is a 45 degree angle. I am not a expert but this is the way I took the info from other post. Line diameter might have to change it too. my 1.5 cents worth.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
It's been on other posting might want to search, but from what I remeber it is related to speed of trolling example 1 oz weight trolled at 1 mph 50 feet of line out will run a 25 feet down. At 2 mph a 2 oz weight will be the same 50 feet out and 25 feet down. You can probable eyeball to see if line is a 45 degree angle. I am not a expert but this is the way I took the info from other post. Line diameter might have to change it too. my 1.5 cents worth.
i think that info was in jims on line seminar. they were talking about snap weights, but im sure one ounce of lead is one ounce of lead:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts