Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A Fisherman
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a while back Seth's (Fallen) status. What happened? He had some good stories, pics and insight...

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
I noticed he was gone from another site now also. Maybe he is on a temporary leave of absence from the site.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
That's why I don't like this site as much as I use to alot of the good guys on here have left. And it used to be about fishing reports and now all it is about is look at the big fish I caught. There are still a couple of good posters but for the most part the mods have run the good guys off.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
fallen was banned? I figured he posted too much, kinda burned himself out. it is a slow moving forum, but these forums have a high turn over rate.

its worse in the steelhead forum. :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's rare to find a forum that allows for good, lively debate.

Want to start a real ruckus? Suggest that fish feel pain...

(Ask me how I know, and why I'm verboten in 9 counties...)

·
Registered
16,935 Posts
It's rare to find a forum that allows for good, lively debate.
I think the Mods do a great job in allowing good lively debate. You don't get banned without being warned. Some people just push the envelope a little too far.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
He violated our TOS enough times that it resulted in a 30 day suspension, as outlined in the TOS. If he chooses not to return, then we hold no ill will towards him and wish him the best.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
USMC 1997-2007
780 Posts
While I agree they allow some debate, they tend to only allow what they agree with. I just recently had a post deleted for speaking my mind, but can show other posts that do the same towards different people. Those are allowed, but mine wasn't. Guess I know which side of the fence that mod is on. Simple truth is, when you ban someone fromthe forum, delete some posts but not others, you as mods are killing the forum. WE, the members, are what makes this forum possible.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think the Mods do a great job in allowing good lively debate. You don't get banned without being warned. Some people just push the envelope a little too far.
Yes, I should have been more clear. My comment wasn't a criticism of this particular forum, or even this site. It was a more general comment.

I also recognize that these kinds of forums are not public - they belong to whomever started them up. In that way, they're like a local pub or tavern, where the owner is free to say "You can argue all you want at home, but in my bar, people come here to be happy, so take it elsewhere." I respect that.

I've had some problems in the past, on other forums, where moderators were very selective, in strange ways, with whose posts they allowed or did not allow.

But again, my comment was directed at OGF. I don't know the details of fallen's case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.