close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Forum up date

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by crooked stripe, Feb 28, 2005.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Any one else having the same problem I am? My hard water forums are not up dating. I haven't had an up date since 2/24. Sent an e-mail to the web master and am waiting for a reply. John :(

2. I am not really sure what you mean John...
    Can you give a little more detail?
    THANKS

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I don't see a problen here on our end. All mine are dating fine. We'll check but I'd suggest you check your end. If it were a problem on our end none of the thread would be dating.

4. Sometimes I have a similar problem, intermittently. Try using the THREAD TOOLS at the top of the page, set it to SHOW PRINTABLE VERSION, and you can see the whole thread.

5. crooked stripe

This morning I have 3 e-mails from OGF 2 from this forum and one from johnboy about Mog. Sun. I read all 3, deleted and then went to OGF. When the screen opens I have all the treads listed. I have checked some of the treads and all are up to date as of 2/28/05. When I click on the Hard water forum I have the same page as I did on 2/24/05. The last new post on that page is Miller Lake Conditions. I have sent replys to other treads and they don't appear. I can open the tread listed to the right of Hard Water started by Big Daddy on the PA DNR. If I haden't received the e-mails I would not seem this post or any other new posts.
    Why is it just Hard Water forums that this is showing up? If it is on this end what did I do and what can I do to fix the problem? I first thought I said something that got me deleted by the OGF staff but I didn't get any nasty
    e-mails from them. I haven't changed any thing in my user panel.
    HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT. :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Not real sure but try to clear your cache and temporary internet files by using the tools tab then choosing internet options... click delete files and history... reboot try again

7. crooked stripe

Now I will through a kink into things. After my last post I went to the bottom of that page and clicked on return to hard water forums and was sent to the up dated page with all the posts I am missing.

8. your good to go then ... Yes?

9. crooked stripe

Nope. I did what you said and it must have worked because when I went to OGF I had to log in. I checked the hard water forums and it went back to the same old page. None of what we are talking about is listed. And the last new post is the one on Miller Lake Conditions as of 2/24. John

10. Did you delete temp files too?
    That should do it because your browser is bringing up cache pages...
    also under tools ...internet options...settings make sure this box is checked:
    automatically...
    What browser are you using?

11. crooked stripe

Back in the saddle again. Thank you Clyde, MUCH APPRECIATED. John

12. GOOD... I was about to toss up the white flag [​IMG]
    Keep those tips handy and use them once a month minimum ;)

13. crooked stripe

I will keep that in mind to do and a regular basis. I hate it when things like that happen. Now I have to go plow out the drive so the wife can get to work. John

14. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Thanks Clyde for helping out a fellow member. Anytime you see something screwy like that start by clearing your cache and deleting temporary files. Usually works every time.

15. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I clean mine out everytime I turn off my computer. I heard somewhere that that's where virus' start. They are in the Temporary Internet Folder and open when you boot up. Don't know if it's true, but I still do it & keep a clean machine.
    Seems to have some merit because a few times when running my Noton & it found something, it was in the temp folder.