close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Forum downtime this morning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, Apr 2, 2008.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

All,

We apologize for the unexpected forum downtime this morning. The last 24 hours have been significant for us in terms of hardware upgrades.

We setup a new server that is a dedicated database server yesterday morning, in addition to some RAM and other application upgrades. At 5:30am, the connection between the webserver and database server was interrupted, causing the forums to be offline. This was corrected at 9am this morning.

We apologize for the delay and outage. We will continue to tweak performance over the coming days so you should continue to see overall performance improve.

Thank you,

2. Good thing you guys got it fixed. The twitching and vomitting was getting horrible. I needed my fix. I was going crazy this morning when I couldn't get on.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

ha, i went to the gym about 5am and just got home about 20 mins ago, i didnt miss a thing:) now thats timing:p

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yeah,and i was sleeping so well when the phone woke me up:p

5. Anyother time you're up by 8:30. Hell for you old timers the day is half over at 8:30 am. :p :D

6. Don't you know that you should never try to fix something on April Fools Day? Shame, shame!

7. captroger......you guys do a great job running this site....thanks.

8. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

So Tom, Tell us, how was Jim? ;) :D

9. i was going nuts for second there.... Kep up the incredibal job Fellas!!

Frank

10. Response time was pretty slow when I first got on this morning. It's screaming fast now. Job well done!

p.s. Looks like the issue with the view counter was fixed. Cool.

11. Check will be in the mail! At 5am it was fine came back later to get a PM so I could get a check mailed out for some rods and zilch. It'll go out in the morning Eye Spy:) . Nothing ever runs perfect and no big deal to me.

12. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Heads up...

We're experiencing some email problems on this end, so you probably won't be getting PM or new post notifications until we resolve...

13. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

ahhhhhhhh why i odda...:p

14. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

And for those of us who work and put in long days, never would've known it was down if it wasn't for this thread. Didn't miss a thing................I think..:confused:

15. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

It's movin super fast for me. Great job guys.

16. It was down again for me this morning(Thursday) anyone else have problems? Working fine and fast now!

17. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Me too. tried around 7;30 am, nada. Tried again at about 9;00 am and all was well.

18. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Yes, we did have problems again this morning due to a networking issue between the servers.

We apologize for the interruptions.

Jeff

19. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

fyi - was down again this morning

20. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Yes, networking issue again this morning. I'm not sure on the times this morning.

We are continuing to work on the issue.

Thanks for your patience.