Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

The OGF forums were down due to difficulties with the server. Simply stated, we had a script on the server exploited, a ton of spam mail was attempted to be send through our mail relay, resulting in filling up the partition that keeps the logs. When it filled, our database engine couldn't right to it's log, and the forums crashed.

Nothing has been lost, and I am in the process of identifying the runaway script. Thank you for your patience, and thanks to Sporty and Stretch for their assistance while I was away today.

·
TeamOGF
6,994 Posts
Thank-you for the explanation Roger.
And thanks guys for your work at setting things right. :B

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Thanks to Stretch, Sporty, and captroger for the fast attention to our issues here. As site President, I would like to let everyone know something...

We who have put this site together and TRY and keep it operating all have one thing in common... JOBS! LOL!

It's not an easy thing to deal with when the site crashes, as most will do from time to time. And it's even more difficult when we're all out making the bacon to bring home to feed, clothe, and house our families. Plus, speaking ONLY for myself, I have NO IDEA what went wrong, or why, simply from my lack of knowledge of all things "computer". BUT, I'm glad we have great I-T guys like Roger, Stretch, and Sporty(THANKS) to get things somewhat "normal" again. ShakeDown too.

Thanks to you all for your patience, and we'll be working FEVERISHLY behind the scenes to figure out what happened and HOPEFULLY stop it from happening again.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
I was having withdrawals. :D So much so I went to the cave and tied jigs all day for my next trip. Whew! Glad to see you back.

Thanks to all who manage and maintain this site. Without you we'd be lost.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I was having withdrawals. :D So much so I went to the cave and tied jigs all day for my next trip. Whew! Glad to see you back.

Thanks to all who manage and maintain this site. Without you we'd be lost.

I was starting to get the shakes. I need OGF to help with the work day stress and it wasn't here. I wasn't sure what to do with out it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts