Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well is it really going to get as bad as they are saying for this weekend on the great lady?:(
Thanks,
Ron

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
I sure hope not. I have a weekend trip planned! Calling for 2 to 4 footer Sat. and 4 to 6 Sunday, but subsiding later in the day. Should get a better indication by tomorrow...

·
Still Deadly w/ The Net
1,900 Posts
Came around the North side of Kelleys today and rode a 10 footer half the way to the mainland. It was crazy rough on the north end of the island, but btwn it and the mainland there were solid 4's and 6's. East wind for the next 3 days, my prediction is the fishing is going to be terrible this weekend, but I'll be out there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
[/QUOTE]Calling for 2 to 4 footer Sat.[/QUOTE]
Open water forcast says NE 15-25 for Saturday... you can bet it'll be rougher than 2 to 4's!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now they have a small craft advisory, i am done, going crappie fishing inland

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Shows Mon-Wed looking mighty good. I'm gonna try to make it over Tues or Wed. Any predictions on where they'll be and what presentation (jigs, harnesses, cranks)? Will they still be in the Turtle Creek/Reef area, or should I plan on going further east? Anyone else going to be in the area? If I can't get anyone from here to go I'll have at least one open seat.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Shows Mon-Wed looking mighty good. I'm gonna try to make it over Tues or Wed. Any predictions on where they'll be and what presentation (jigs, harnesses, cranks)? Will they still be in the Turtle Creek/Reef area, or should I plan on going further east? Anyone else going to be in the area? If I can't get anyone from here to go I'll have at least one open seat.
eyesman...I thought after the Turtle Creek outing, you were going to have a full time job by now and push your fishing to the weekends only???...glad to see you still have your priorities in order! ;) For bigger fish, I would try around the islands...Gull/Kelleys Shoal areas, trolling spoons, harnesses and even some cranks...set-up so your lure selection and boat speed are married up appropriately...Hope you slay them!!

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
eyesman...I thought after the Turtle Creek outing, you were going to have a full time job by now and push your fishing to the weekends only???...glad to see you still have your priorities in order! ;)
Yeh, well... we know what the economy is like. Have been putting my resume in, but nobody is hiring. Of course, I'm looking to stay in the Tool & Die trade, so that narrows things down considerably. I'll find something, but I'm not going to sit around and wait for the phone to ring when the 'eyes are calling, and the weather is promising. Still have plenty of freezer space and what I brought home from Turtle Creek is almost gone already.

Thanks for the tips. Was hoping I wouldn't have to go that far east yet, but if that is where the fish are, then so am I. Will be the first time trolling on Erie also. Time to put to use what I've learned from you guys on here. And hopefully some other OGF'rs will be in the area to point me in the right direction when I get there.

Thanks again. Looks to be a beautiful week so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts