For those who've been wondering where ive been.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheSonicMarauder, Sep 20, 2007.

1. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

I haven't disappeared.... just been preoccupied by some important matters.... a few of you know some of the stuff thats been going on in my life to an extent.... i just figured that id let everyone in on stuff...

well starting in June, id started to develop some health issues that my doctor originally thought was acid reflux disease. well as the time progressed... my "acid reflux" continued to get worse. well i went back to the doctors in early august because i felt like my chest was going to explode..... well at the doctors i had a blood pressure of 151 over something(cant remember the bottom number) with a pulse of 112 and they said i had what looked like an abnormal T wave(whatever that is... i think it has something to do with how the heart rests) so they had me get some chest xrays done and scheduled me for a stress test and echo cardiogram and told me to make an appt with my family cardiologist.. well my stress test went pretty well. i went 8:30 and gave them the target heart rate they asked me to give them... skip a head to today.... i went to my cardiologist and he said that my echo, ekg and stress test results showed that my heart is in good condition which was what i was hoping to hear :).... here we find out that the ADD medication that ive been taking since like 9th grade had side effects that involved high blood pressure and possible heart palpitations. i dont know why i never had these problems before but i did and now they have me on a new medicine that is supposedly a lot better........ i have a few more doctors appts that have to do with this problem but i think im gonna be fine..... the whole ordeal scared the crap out of me and still does. having heart problems at 23 years old(let alone any period of your life) is enough to make you have a different outlook on life :eek:

other then that ive had a heavy heart because i lost two good friends in the month of august. my friend kara died of a bleeding ulcer in her lower intestine.. she had been born with numerous heart problems and wasnt expected to make it to her 1st bday... yet she fought and survived for 21 years before she passed :(
    and then my good friend Dave starkey died at the age of 34 from a massive heart attack in the later part of the month... Dave was big in sports... playing baseball and football for kent roosevelt and after highschool he went on to play softball.... a lot of softball lol... even at a world lvl. he also coached little league. quite possibly the biggest nicest guy youd ever meet..... my buddy is putting on a benefit softball tournament for him and all proceeds go to supporting his wife pattie and his two children..... ill try to get some more info on it if you guys want eventhough its in like a week or two. Its called The Big Kahuna Classic.

other then that ive just been trying to deal with school that just started a few weeks ago so i havent had much time at all to do any fishing :( .....

on a nice up note.... my grandma finished her chemo and radiation treatment for her breast cancer in july and shes doing fine :)

i just wanted to let everyone know whats been up with me and let yall know that i havent forgotten you guys or anything :)

sorry about the book.... its been an eventful summer >.<

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

good to hear from you buddy, keep your head up:D

3. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Glad to hear that you're healthy. Good to have you back.
    Sorry about your friends.

4. Wow Sonic you have had enough bad news in the last couple of months to last a few years. I am sorry to hear about your friends' passing. That had to be very tough to deal with.

Good luck to you on dealing with your own health situation. That would certainly be scary stuff to have possible heart problems especially at your young age.

5. Steve
    Sorry to hear about your friends, Glad to hear that you're getting better!
    Glad to have you back buddy!Glad to hear about your Grandma, CONTINUED RECOVERY FOR BOTH OF YOU?

Tom

6. Glad to hear you're doing better Sonic. Hang in there, things will get better.

7. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Yea, I was wondering what happened to ya, glad your o.k. sorry you had to go through all of that medical stuff. I had to go through some of those tests plus a heart cath at the age of 38 and I thought I was young! I'm also sorry about the loss of your friends.....its never easy. Hang in there. WB

8. Sounds like things have taken a turn for the better. I too have lost a couple of friends this year. It sucks,but that is life.They will all be missed, dearly. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope you get back to fishing soon!!!!

9. Hope things improve in the near future for you.

Script below should help some:

RX

Fish 3Xweekly, as long as possible/day.

Catch and release or CPR method. Accept all results as natural. Fish with friends, strangers, or strange friends.

Drink lots of water from bottles or glasses......not from the lake or stream you are fishing.

Call your doctor in the morning only if he/she is a fisherman.

Hope things settle down for you.....sorry for your loss.

10. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Sonic sorry to hear about your loss. For a while there I thought that those hot a$$ peppers got the best of you and you were out of commision for a while.;) Hope things get better for you chief!!!!!

11. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

Hey Steve,
    I was fishing the Ohio with Cory, Archman and Cheszm2 recently and I was like, what happened to Sonic? We were talking about you, thought you'd said you were having computer problems.
    Good to hear from you, sorry about all the stress/losses.
    Try to hit the hoga before it turns off- smallies, white perch and rockbass have been really good this year, pike have been so-so.

12. Sorry to here about the loss of your companions that can make life rough let alone going through health issues of your own at the same time, I know weve never met but i always liked your post and am happy you are healthy and back

13. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Keep your chin up Sonic, we are there for ya.

flash--------------------------------------out