close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For the mods!!! Replies disappeared??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

For the last couple of days I have noticed my replies to several threads from different forums such as the Lake Erie, the Lodge and even the comedy forum have disappeared off of the threads. They were not questionable or disrespectful in any shape or form, just basic questions or comments. Could you PM me or tell me why? Is my computer messing up?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Toxic,
    I checked the moderation area and there is nothing in there that was deleated by our mods. Our policy is to notify you or any members if a post is pulled or deleated. The comedy fourm is one that post are pulled if they are questionable in nature. Even though you may think they are OK we have rules that we follow. If the mods decide it's not with in those rules they may deleate the post or joke. Again normally they notify you.
    make sure you read the rules on what can and cannot be posted, that may answer your question. Remember you may think it's ok, but we may not agree. Hope this answers your question, or at least gives you some idea of why they may not be where you thought they were.

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Dale, I never received anything stating any of my replies would be deleted. One reply was on Sonic Maurader's hot peppers. It was not derogatory at all just a comment. I left it this morning before we left for fishing. Another was a joke about Rosie Odonnell. I have seen worse on here. I found the one on the Lake Erie forum. So I was wrong on that one. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I'm not sure what happened to your Rosie one but I know another one was posted and it also appears it was removed. That one I have to agree has no purpose on here. I have seen it and being a fishing/outdoor site it adds nothing to the site. The other one I have no idea. Look around it also may still be here as the Erie fourm one was. the lounge area gets tons of post and things move down rather fast.
    Like I said before our mods do a great job and they don't pull or remove post unless it is against the rules. Remember they are following the rules we put in place that spell out what is permitted on the site. They are more than fair deciding what to allow, more so than the owners to be honest, that's why we let them moderate.

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Dale check your PM please. I'm not sure what you mean.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

he has that effect on me sometimes,too:confused: :D ;)