close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

for st. patricks day

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by bigcrappiehammer, Mar 17, 2008.

1. what food is everyone having. i made the standby corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. i also baked an irish soda bread. my first try hopeing it turns out good it. smells good and looks good. will post pics and recipe if it tastes good

2. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

My future mother in law has been cooking 105# of corned beef.
    She cut back from 320# since her husband passed last month :( ........

3. We did the St. Patrick thing yesterday (Sun),

Bought a fresh brisket (2) from a butcher & did my own pickling for 8 days, plastic zip/lock bag & turned it twice a day.

Then she took over & rinsed the meat 3/4 times & all day cooked it in a crock pot type of thing. I guess one calls it a broasting cooker (?). Well she slow cooked it for about 7/8 hrs., added potato's (halved) for the last 1 1/2hrs., added quartered cabbage the last hour. It turned out, well, lets say that I had a big stick with me the whole time at dinner to ward off the people who could NOT STOP EATING. :D
    Out of the 2 briskets that were cooked I managed to hide enough left overs for a second helping today.

Remember the full meaning of St. Patrick's Day, not a thing for drinking but a serious HOLIDAY for one that brought Christianity to Ireland.

Happy Holiday, Nik

4. rubins and beer.........life is good....