close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For Sale Remington 700BDL 30/06

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Raker, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Raker

Raker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a newer Remington 700BDL for sale. It is the enhanced engraved receiver model with the detachable magazine. The caliber is 30/06 and it has Leupold 2 piece bases and rings.

asking $400

614-668-4437

cffisher@columbus.rr.com

2. Raker

Raker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Adding a couple of pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

3. chadwimc

chadwimc

0   0   0

Wow! That's a purdy rifle. Where are you located?

4. Raker

Raker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Grove City, Ohio

5. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

0   0   0

heck of a deal, should move quick

6. Raker

Raker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

7. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

0   0   0

hey got a buddy that might be interested so...hold on to it until i get with you tomorrow

8. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

0   0   0

You have a sweet looking rifle there. Wish I could take it off your hands, but I am low on funds right now. But, I could help you with a couple of websites that you could probably get rid of it on. You might try

www.thefiringline.com/forums

www.rimfirecentral.com

Both of the message boards have classified sections. Good luck with selling it.

Lg_mouth

9. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

talked with the buddy and he is interested but he is at work so he will be home around 4:00-4:30

10. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

0   0   0

Indeed that is a very petty rifle.

Does it have iron sites?

I've been looking for a similar rifle recently. Not knowing to terribly much about rifles, I've noticed that alot them now a days don't have iron sites. Having some conversations with family and friends we've come to the conclusion that the iron sites must effect barrel heat and acurracy. But it's just a guess.

I'm looking for something along the lines of a 7mm I think, but this sure is purdy.

11. littleking

0   0   0

the sights could effect barrel harmonics... but this would only change when zero'd with the sights on then re-shooting with them off

12. Flathead King 06

0   0   0

talked to the buddy and he said he just couldnt do it...he would like to, but his funds are depleted from his last trout fishing trip to PA...sorry for such a delay

13. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

0   0   0

The conclusion we came to was that the iron sites effected the way the barrel heated, which in turn effected the way the bullet flew. For example if you fired three rounds threw a gun with iron sites at 200 yards and then fired three shots at 200 yards with a gun with out irons sites, the gun with out irons sites would be more accurate.

Doesn't have anything to do with adding irons sites, or removing them. It has to do more with each individual shot, and barrel temprature.

Like I said, thats what we came up with sitting around the fire drinking a couple beers. ;)

14. littleking

0   0   0

i dont think a couple grams of metal will make one barrel more accurate than another. besides 3 shots really wont get a barrel that warm

15. Raker

Raker

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The real answer is that I took the iron sights off because I think they look silly. I try to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible and I don't like to see the blur of iron sites when I look through the scope. Also they get caught on limbs and brush as you walk. On a Remington you just move the screws from receiver scope mounting holes to the holes left by the removed iron sites.

16. ohiogary

ohiogary

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I wish my wife could give me my birthday present alittle sooner, if so it would be that rifle, I could care less about the sights, with a nice scope, that 30/06 would be perfect for just about anything where a rifle can be used from varments to elk.