Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a perfectly running 1984 75 horse evinrude mounted on the back of an 83 Tracker Bass boat. Engine starts and runs perfectly, for the last 4 years, never a problem. It has power trim/tilt, which leaks slightly, just enough that I have to refill it each year. I want $1000 obo or trade for 9.9 in equal condition. I live in Fairfied, near 75. I can be reached at 513-265-6204. Russ

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
urgh...... why couldnt you have a 35 HP Evinrude!

I have a great condition 2000 Merc 9.9 that I would prob trade for a 25-35HP in the same condition!

I think I saw a sign in a shop here in Dayton that might be up your alley. The shop is Fisherman Qtrs @ their # is 937-222-2224. Give them a call, I can almost say for sure that I saw the add on their buliten board.

Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe someone has a tracker with a perfect 40 horse to trade me to make their aluminum boat really fly, then I could trade you. not much chance for that, yes, but it's possible...my tx17 flies with the 75...heck they don't run bad with a 40...just throwing it out there to maybe get someone thinkin'

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Deep V with a 1995 40hp Merc that I am looking to upgrade to something faster since the boat can take a 90. My only hesitation would be putting your evinrude on my boat would cause me to have to change out the controls (at least I think it would) and I would prefer to keep my stock controls on it. I am very curious about it though if it would be possible. Do you happen to have any pics of your motor? My 40 runs great but I am looking for something a little faster and a 75 would be perfect.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see if I can get my wife to take some pics and post them. The motor looks great, it's gray with a navy blue accent. It does not inject oil. I premix 50:1 and have never fouled any plugs out. I'm not sure about the controls aspect, that would seem to be the most complicated part of the process, as I have an engine hoist to lift the motor, no problem. I'd like to keep my controls if possible, too, so that I may use them for a 9.9 eventually.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man I wish you would of sold this a couple months ago. My 40HP Johnson blew so I bought a 55HP evinrude. That's a pretty good deal someone will be happy.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have a 1985 30hp Mariner with controls and extra prop that I would be willing to swap for the 75 perhaps guy with the 9.9 meets and I swap my motor for his and then his for yours.... runs and looks great just does not push my pontoon with any kind of speed. As far as I know you cannot use Merc controls on an Evenrude, have done a few motor swaps and when switching brands always had to switch controls. Control switch is really not a big deal, unbolt box, take cables loose from motor and done.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we can get a 3 person agreement then it sounds like exactly what I have in mind. I have a hoist at the ready. H2O Mellon? what do you think? We'll need to meet and look and see and agree and then work...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update...motor still for sale or trade for 9.9. I just pulled the motor, including all controls, from tracker it is now on stand and ready to go....

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Also..... we can still work out a 3 way trade. I'm needing a 1990-present 20-40 HP in good working order. The motor would have to have the title to it too.(My 9.9 Merc is a 2000 or a 2001).

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a 2005 4 stroke merc. 9.9 like new that I would like to trade for a 25 or a 40 if you guys dont work something out let me no

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the weight of an average 9.9? my 75 horse weighs 250 pounds with trim/tilt. My 6 horse Johnson weighs nothing, around 75 pounds or so.

I'm really in no hurry...motor is off and I have a 6 HP motor now that is powering my 17 foot tracker just fine, so I can wait. Eventually I may list it on EBay but not anytime soon. Someone out there will want a good 75 horse motor and/or have the right trade combo...we'll see. Peabody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts