close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For Sale: 14’ fishing boat/ trailer / motor

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Jackfish, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

For Sale: 14’ fishing boat/ trailer / motor – located in Centerville (just south of Dayton)

Specs:
    14’ Starcraft Aluminum - 1983
    · Length of boat = 14 foot
    · Beam (width) = 52 inches
    · Transom height = 15 ½ inches
    Johnson 6 HP, Model 6R-69M – 1969 – 2 extra props
    · Short shaft
    · Tiller
    · 2 Stroke
    · Motor was completely tuned up in 2006
    Minnkota Endura trolling motor, 30lb thrust, 5 speed – 2005
    Tee-Nee Trailer with bearing buddies
    Two seats – no rips or tears
    Running Lights
    Battery
    Shelf with 2 storage compartments
    Seloc Certified Tune-Up Manual for Johnson Motor

Notes:
    Boat is bone dry – no leaks
    6hp runs fine but can take a few try to start sometimes, has never stranded me
    This is a 6hp; it will get you there but is not a fast motor
    Have manuals for trolling motor, fish finder
    I have owned this boat for 3yrs and fished extensively out of it – it’s been a great “starter” boat for me – the reason I’m selling is because I upgraded to a larger boat recently.

Asking $1150

Attached Files:

2. jonk540

jonk540 jonk540

0   0   0

I used to have this exact model of Johnson. Greatest engine I ever owned.

3. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

4. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

this is a good little fishing boat - why no offers?

dropping price to $1025

5. How far you from Columbus?

6. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

accoring to mapquest - I'm 1 hour, 8 min from the Hilliard Gander Mountain store - from mid Columbus probably add 10 minutes to that

7. PIKEMAN

PIKEMAN

0   0   0

I can tell you from experience that this is a great boat (I'm the former owner). I've pulled this boat all over between Cowan Lake Down by Cincy, up to the French River in Ontario for multiple week long trips. This boat/trailer rig is very light and you will barely notice it's behind you when pulling it with your car/truck. As for the engine, it is a 1969, but it is built solid; that engine never once failed to start for me. If you want a great boat for exploring Ohio's rivers and inland lakes, this one will definitely do the job very inexpensively.

I had best stop talking the boat up, or I'm going to convince myself to buy it back from Jackfish! This may be a difficult sell for my wife though, as she seems to think that five boats may be "excessive" for one fisherman. Then again, maybe she wouldn't even notice the 6th one?

8. mainsttat2s

mainsttat2s

0   0   0

still have the boat?

9. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

I still have the boat. I thought I had it sold last week but apparently the fella's car broke down at bad time (1 day before coming to see boat) and he had to divert the funds.

It's a nice boat that I have used for a few seasons - reason I'm getting rid of it is that I picked up a bigger one so I can take the family out.

I would love to sell this before the winter sets in. Too many boats at the house makes for an unhappy wife!

10. normd

normd

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Will you take $800

11. Jackfish

Jackfish

0   0   0

normd -

Thanks for the inquiry but I can't bring myself to go that low - I can get down to $950 because I would like to sell before winter sets in.

Sorry it took a few days to respond, I didn't get a chance to get online.

It's been a good boat for me - let me know if you have any interest at that price.