close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

? for Jim Corey on vib"e"

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by paco, Mar 11, 2005.

1. paco

paco

your offering package deals on them and seems like you deal with them alot . do you think there is anyway you can get them with blood red hooks ? i can't seem to find any of the red hooks split to put on them and no real way to get ahold of them to find out about this . also how long are you going to offer your package deal ? thanks for any help you can give me .

2. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I plan on keeping the package deal at that price for OGF members only for as long as the manufacturer doesn't raise the wholesale price on me. He raised it 10 cents two years ago and 12 cents last season but no raise so far this year, yippee! The hooks are VMC split shanks and so far no hook manufacturer is offering a red split shank as far as I know. I put Daiichi Death Trap trebles on the ones that I use and I just carefully cut the hook eye with side cutters, bend it out very slowly just enough to attach it to the lure body, and squeeze it back together. Do this carefully as it will build up heat if done too fast, ruining the temper of the hook, and it could break at the eye. You could do the same with a red treble.

3. paco

paco

thanks for the info i went and changed my hooks to red ones yesterday plus sharpened them . lets see if i can't get a few more fish now . :rolleyes: