close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For all you gamers out there...New fishing game.

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by TritonBill, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Just happened to notice when looking on EBGame's website that there is a new fishing game out called, "Rapala Pro Fishing".

If anybody has this, how is it? I think it just hit the shelves today.

Here is the link to the game:
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243994.asp

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Just what I need.... another thing to obsess over.. :D
    I've been "hooked" on Pro Bass Fishing 2003. Picked this thing up at Marc's for $3.97! The best $3.97 I've ever spent that's for sure :D
    So can you play this new game as a multiplayer game, or on a network Bill?
    That would be too much fun if we could get a bunch of us from OGF to play sometime :)
    Forget about fantasy football guys..... (sorry guys... really I am :eek: ) But I say the time is ripe for a little bit of FANTASY FISHING!!!! :D

Marcia

3. Do I want it for Computer or PS2???

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

what I want is something you can have a short online tourney with to kill some of the winter blues.

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

"Over 750 authentic Rapala lures to use in landing the big fish"

i hope there is more than just rapalas to choose from. :rolleyes:

i have the 1st Trophy Bass from seirra and it was pretty decent... i found the line broke too easily though (even 30 pd test)..... hummmm its not even listed on activisions website yet. wonder what the system requirements are?

6. I couldn't imagine it not having a multiplayer aspect. They all do normally, especially games that are just coming out.

Sounds like fun to me! I played Trophy Bass 4 and that was a lot of fun. I still have it but it just sits on my shelf. We could have an OGF Virtual Fishing League! :)

Computer version is what I'll order if I get it.

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

from what I read, with the PS2. It is multi player. :)

flash--------------------------out

8. But more people have PC's.. i'm sure the PC version is multiplayer too.. I'll check into it! :)

9. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

hehe.. this may suprise you... but... you can count me IN on this one!!! And something tells me that Reel Man wouldnt mind a little "fantasy fishing" himself :D

10. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Captain .... Winter blues would be ice fishing :) If you want to hit buckeye this winter let me know :) Hey do they make it for xbox btw?

11. OhioCatman

OhioCatman "Rip some lip!"

Dont know anything about that game yet but I have Trophy Bass 4 and it is awesome. Just sits on my shelf these days untill winter comes again. Lake of the Ozarks has alot of big flatheads and blues. Personal best is a 89 lb flathead there....Just wish I could do that in real life. ;)

12. The Game Boy Advance version should have come out yesterday and from what I have read it should be great.
    Those of us who have Trophy Bass 4 need to get it together and have a tourny. I wonder if I can remember my password?

13. I'm not sure if I'm getting it or not. After trying to find details of how the game was and its features I came up pretty empty. Multiplayer is the only reason I'd buy the PC version and I couldn't find out whether it had that or not. If someone goes and spends the money and then likes it I may buy it. For now I'm out until I see the box in the store and can read about it.

14. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

From what I've read on their site it only posts your big catch to the rapala website. No mention of online play.

15. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I too play TB4. If you can find it in the stores, you can buy it for like 5$. The WONplay servers for TB still worked last winter/spring...we should try and organize something.

16. Yes, I guess they are making it for the Xbox too.

17. I have TB4, I'd be interested this winter. We could have a 6 week Circuit or something like that?

18. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

For sure TB...Only catch is, the game is so old they might not keep the servers up...with the original TB2, you could peer-to-peer play (TCP/IP), but 4 is WON server only :(

19. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

while we're on the game topic, does anyone here play Deer Hunter 5 online ?
    I just got this game a couple months ago and I'm eager to give the online thing a shot. I also have TB4, so if we're gonna organize something there for this winter, count me in.

Attached Files:

20. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what type of connection is needed for online play? can a dial up be used, even if it only adaquate?