close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food and Fishing :-)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I'll tell ya.. I think Portage Lakes has the right idea when it comes to Food on the Lakes. Seriously, what a great idea to serve food to boaters dockside. Being that we spend some crazy hours on our boat, packing food for such a long outing can be a real pain, and.. it also takes up very needed space on the boat.
    We once tried to get Pizza Hut in Ravenna to deliver a pizza to the boat ramp, and they just got all frazzled over that idea. lol..There were times that I swear I would have paid a huge amount of money for a cup of hot coffee or a slice of pizza!
    We have a company by us that picks up from many local restaurants and delivers to your home for a 20% fee of your total bill.
    I think that a highly motivated, service oriented person could really make a nice summer living by providing such a service to us boaters and fisherman (including shorebound ones too!). All it would take is the printing of flyers, business cards and word of mouth.
    Hopefully someone will take this idea and run with it, because I really do think that there is a need for this type of service.

2. Buddy of mine ran a pizza boat out of the western basin and downtown Cleveland more towards the flats... Don't recall what hap'd we lost touch

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Portage doesn't have half what they used to. It is nice to stop and grab a sandwich if your out all day. You gave me a great idea though. I'll get Pizza Hut to sponser me this year and use my boat to deliver pizzas on the lake for them, LOL.

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

In that case I'm going to need your cell phone number Dave so I can order those pizzas when I'm out.

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i can see a few food trailers at some park's ramps.. it would be pretty cool if the parks would let that slide..

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

[​IMG]

Fast free delivery right to your boat. Don't forget to tip your delivery guy!!!

7. Hey Dave this ain't (hate that word) Nascar bro... :p :D