close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fontana Lake and Hazel Creek?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Feb 23, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a little fishing adventure, and I have been interested in Fontana Lake/ Hazel Creek for awhile. Anyone camp at Hazel Creek? Familiar with Fontana Lake?

The idea is to kayak across the lake, camp near the lake for a few day, and work my way up Hazel Creek.

2. My family and I stayed at Fontana village about six years ago. i fish dale hollow regularly, and Fontana is still the most beautiful lake I have ever fished. I caught smallies on tubes on points. There is a campground at Fontana dam, but I have no idea about Hazel Creek.

3. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Hmm... I have done that trip exactly. What would you like to know?

4. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Ack, I misspoke. I have paddled across Fontana and hiked up EAGLE creek, not Hazel. A little loop up to Spence Field on the AT from the lake. Something silly like 16 creek crossings each way, be mindful of the creek flow as it can get dangerous.

5. I took a "road trip" with the kids about 3 years ago to Fontana Lake. Stayed at fontana village. Without a doubt, the prettiest lake I've ever been on. Was there in mid august but lake was virtually deserted. Guy at the marina said he wouldn't recommend i get a license , cause fishing wasnt that great that time of year, but I got one anyways. Trolled downriggers and dipsies with spoons, down deep near the damn and caught 3 walleyes and 4 or 5 trout within couple of hours! Lots to see and do in the area...very scenic. I wouldnt recommend traveling the "devil's backbone" if pulling a trailer though. crazy bikers everywhere and daughter got carsick! :)

Attached Files: