close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fly Tying

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Micro_Mini_Angler, May 21, 2007.

1. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

hey guys, a friend from church just gave me an old Fly Vise. now i have some hooks already, and a book, but what other tools do i need as far as feathers, thread, tools, ect.......... any help would be great. i think it would be REALLY cool to catch a fish on a Fly that you made yourself. thanks again.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

make some larger flies when you get into making them. For them smallies in the Darby. and if it works out for ya, i will be getting into fly fishing also. so i wondering the same thing, when and if i get into it.

thanks.

3. Do a search for fly tying or fly tying forums and I'm sure you can find a lot of good advice. This site has a Beginners Corner forum that has some video for beginners.
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/

Dallas

4. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Go to a local fly shop and pick up the basic tools such as: Bobbin, scissors (get a good sharp pair) Head cement, bobbin threader and bodkin. Get some saddle hackle, chenile is various collors, maribou in black and some others, and thread to match, With these basics you can start with a wooly bugger pretty easy tie, You can start bigger this is helpful. Good luck it really is an awsome thing to tie your own and catch a fish with it. Send me a pm if you need some more tips. Or give me a call at the shop 513-322-1900. Steve aka Sevenx.......................

5. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i got bored, here is my first.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

i like. tell me is if im wrong but the only thing is the PINK.
    but still nice i like.

7. Like Bubba, I’m not wild about the color but if it catches fish who cares. Other wise it looks like a very good start.

Dallas