Fly Tying Supplies

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by fratfish, Jun 30, 2008.

1. I'm pretty new to tying my own flies and have been enjoying it greatly. I'm headed to WV this week and I need to get some supplies before i go. Was just wondering if Gander Mountain had a good offer of fly tying materials. Don't think I'll have time to make it to MRO and Dick's fly fishing area is almost non existent. Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction as I am in Blacklick and Gander Mountain is fairly close. Thanks everyone.

2. I could be wrong but it seems the tying depart at Gander was getting smaller over the last 2 years.

Personally I would make the trip to MRO, I can't imagine they wouldn't have something that your after and there is usually 2-3 people around to help if you have a question or two and a great selection of flies to browse and get ideas from as well.

3. I'm probably too late for this as I just returned early from the FAOL (flyanglersonline.com ) Fish-In in Grayling, Michigan, but I agree with brhoff....Gander has VERY little. Only thing I will add is that there is a VERY NICE Cabela's in Wheeling. Nice fly shop there & they are very helpful....that is, IF I am not too late & IF you have time.
    Mike

4. I actually go out Old Dutchman by Hoover to get most of my supplies.

5. Thanks for all the help, i ended up running to gander mountain over in reynoldsburg and they actually had a pretty fair selection. i'm down in WV as we speak waiting for a little rain to slow down and i'm out to my favorite brookie stream. thanks again and i'll be sure to report back the results.