close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fly fishing in Ponds

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Micro_Mini_Angler, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

Hey guys, the guy who took me fly fishing for the first time wants to have me tie some of my own flies and then go to a local pond and catch some fish on Tuesday, but i don't know any places to go. Any help would be GREAT. We dan't really care what we are catching. I dont care if it is bluegill, just need a pond. If nobody knows any that would be good, we will just drive around and hope for the best. Anything around hilliard or around the west side of columbus would be great. hanks

- Trey

2. theres a pond in Hilliard in the neighborhood off behind Meijer on Hilliard-Rome road that had some fish. My Dad used to live in that neighborhood about 5 years ago and said there are some nice bass.

3. Could always go out to the ponds at Darby Bends too.

4. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

any other ponds? we will be going tomorrow around 7 so any other help would be great.

5. Homestead in Hilliard has LM and gills in it, its right off Cosgray Rd.

6. There is a nice open pond at Cosgray and Cemetary Road (it may have changed into Scioto Darby by this point) too. It's a little park behind the the strip center anchored by CVS Pharmacy.