Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes, I had a two year subscription, then got a FLW bass issue and a letter stating they were kaput. It was a good mag in that it told you exactly and how to use the lures that the tourney guys were using to catch wallees.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any reason why they quit? I enjoyed that magazine since Walleye-Insider was Kaput. What next? Maybe I should target muskies. Those baits are a little expensive though.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Yes, I had a two year subscription, then got a FLW bass issue and a letter stating they were kaput. It was a good mag in that it told you exactly and how to use the lures that the tourney guys were using to catch wallees.
How is the bass issue? Kind of tired of reading In-Fisherman... I like Bassmasters. Is the FLW anything like Bassmasters? I also dont care for "Bassin".

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
How is the bass issue? Kind of tired of reading In-Fisherman... I like Bassmasters. Is the FLW anything like Bassmasters? I also dont care for "Bassin".
The FLW mag is very similar to bassmaster. Same type of format with tournament coverage in the back pages. My favorite magazine right now is bass angler magazine. Only problem with it is it's a quarterly magazine. But its loaded with about 60 articles per issue. And the articles a very straight forward and to the point. Another one getting good reviews is bass quest. It's actually owned by several touring pros. Haven't had a chance to get my hands on one of them yet...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any reason why they quit? I enjoyed that magazine since Walleye-Insider was Kaput. What next? Maybe I should target muskies. Those baits are a little expensive though.

The FLW got out of the Walleye business completely last fall, they made the business decision to focus on the Bass side solely. Unfortunalty when they canceled the FLW Walleye Tour the magazine went with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts