Ohio Game Fishing banner

flw bass fisherman

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  privateer 
#1 ·
I watched some of the live stream, a few of those guys were running from Sandusky to Lake St. Claire, has anyone made that run, seems along way to catch smallies considering the great fishing around the islands.

#6 ·
I talked to Ron Nelson (AOY) after day one. He said it wasn’t to bad... he ran to the Detroit river on day one and said it was his intent to go there every day. I was out that day in a 20’ glass deep v... we ran from E. Harbor to the reefs. Yeow, my back was toast.
Ron said, it only took 1 3/4 hours to get there... there were 3’ers out there in the morning.
Not for the weak of heart. (or back)

#9 ·
Some of those guys had a more consistent bite up there. It would be very hard to gather 4 days worth of limits in a row out of the islands. If you watch the live streams seems like the only guys catching a lot of fish were making that run. As soon as they would set up they had a fast limit. I watched a bunch of the practice and guys around the islands were only getting 3 bites a day. Some more than others. They pretty much cleaned out the islands i'm sure. There were like 10 maybe more of them sitting on gull the first day. They were 15 ft. apart stacked like cord wood.

#10 ·
Ok I’ve got to ask because I can’t find the answer. Saw this asked somewhere, How does it work bringing live bass as part of your daily limit across state lines and releasing them?

I have very limited knowledge how the weigh in or release goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
You have to be within the states laws that you are in. If for example say Michigan had a 4 fish limit, while in Michigan you cannot have more than 4 fish in your livewell. If you went from Ohio that has a 6 fish limit, to Michigan waters, you would need to stop and let 2 fish go before entering Michigan waters.

#12 ·
Ok I guess I thought you could get limits once 2 different states in a day as long as licensed. But that’s a different issue.

But my questions was more about the release, no harm no foul crossing state lines with live fish and releasing? Again assuming they release all correct?

#14 ·
Ok I guess I thought you could get limits once 2 different states in a day as long as licensed. But that’s a different issue.
think about the mess that would create. have all MI, OH, PA, NY license and then how many fish can you take each day from "one" location. they would then have to prove that you didn't do that? or would you have to prove that you did? usually it is innocent until proven guilty but i am not sure when game laws come into it...

simple solution is never cross state lines while fishing or while carrying fish onboard. perhaps if you had out of state fuel, dock, and fish cleaning receipt - you could try. but not worth the risk to me - for fish...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.