Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, i had a blast. i fished for 8 days straight. man do i have a lot of stories. lol. well i guess i will start off with the first trip we took. (the day i got there, but i am never to tired to fish) we went to a Florida State Park on the inter coastal. it was really cool, i got my fist saltwater fish, a Flounder. we also saw a manatee in the inter coastal!then the next day we went to the St. Johns River, HOLY CRAP!!!!! when we got there, i asked my buddy, what lake or reservoir is this, he said this is a river. WOW. anyways we caught a few brim and that was it. for about three days that is all we got. the next day, we went surf fishing, i caught a saltwater Black Drum. he gave a nice fight. then, the next day we went deep sea fishing. FUN. we went out about 40 miles, 120 feet of water. on the way out, there were dolphins swimming with the boat, it was so cool, it was like in the movies. lol. we slayed the red snapper man. i caught about 8 or 9 snapper myself, only got to keep three (out of all of us 5 guys cuz they had to be 20 inches) we only caught one that was 20 in.(i caught him) and we just kept going over schools of them, the bait wasn't on the bottom for 5 seconds and you get hit. then we caught 4 or 5 Trigger Fish, they are pretty cool. they give a really nice fight. kept 2 of the triggers. then we caught a Ramora (those things that stick on sharks and whales. those things are super slimey. and we caught a shark, not sure what kind but it was like 2.5 - 3 feet long. (by the way, i will be putting all the pics on later once i get them all uploaded) so then we head in, and on our way in, we saw a Sea Turtle, he was huge man. so we get back to land around 4 pm, we were really bored and my buddy lives in World Golf Village, it is a really cool place, so we went to the driving range. Why, i don't know but we did. turns out i can hit a golf ball about 158 yards. so that was just a stupid thing we did since we were bored. the next day, we went back to the river and just caught some more brim. then the next day, lol, we went to some private land. (my buddy's dads co workers boyfriends dad owns the land... LOL ) so we got permission, and on the way there, my buddy's dad tells us that there is a guys who watches the land for them but the dude lives in a Rubbermaid plastic shed! the guy has a T.V. , a fridge, and a little camping stove to cook his fish and game. we get to the land, HE WASN'T JOKING. the guy really did live in a plastic shed. one of the coolest guys you will ever meet though. so the land is right on the inter coastal so we fished and there is a range there so we took a few 22.'s and a 9mm. so we got to shoot, and fish. it was really cool. i got a Saltwater Catfish. they are pretty cool too. well that about sums up the fishing part of my trip but my fingers are really starting to hurt. lol check back a little bit later for pics.

·
Gotta Love Odie!
1,340 Posts
Welcome back Micro! Sounds like you had a great time! :) WB

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
I always loved fishing the inter coastal while visiting my grandparents in Florida.

sounds like you had some good times indeed!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
WB Micro, glad to hear you had a good time and it sounds like you got on some fish. I hope to do some deep sea fishing myself someday. Can't wait to see your pics!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hey I know that sign, on the West Virginia Turnpike. I used to deliver to a customer in Oak Hill every Friday. I always thought that Mossy Oak Hill was a little funny too!!

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice fish, looks like fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts