close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Florida King Mackerel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by CHOPIQ, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Heres a king mackerel I caught while in Florida last week:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27034

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27035.

We were fishing about 27 miles out on a head boat. It was one of the best charter trips I had ever taken. We caught sharks, dolphins, mangrove snapper, red eyes snapper, rainbow runners, trigger fish, 2 mackerels, and a few other i didn't know what they were. We left the New Smyrna beach area. I also won the big fish pot for the day. The mackerel weighed right at 40 pounds and it was 51" long. I'm having it mounted. They had to keep the carcass on account the taxidermy guy said they did not have a mold that big. The captain said it was the biggest king mackerel that had come off his boat in 40 years.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah, that thing is SICK.

Congrats man. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

3. CaptNate

CaptNate Pro Angler and Guide

Nice Kingfish...
    What headboat out of NSB? That's my backyard...

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice king,john:B

5. Thanks everyone. I was trying to get on the Sea Spirit but they didn't have enough people for a trip so I signed up for the Critter Fleet. It was only $70 for an 8 hour trip. They provide everything.

6. That sounds like a great trip especially for that price. And that is a great looking fish.

Congratulations!!

7. GREAT fish! I used to frequent the West Palm Beach area and would charter out 2-3 times each year. We would catch mostly dolphin and kings - I've never seen a king even close to that size:B Heck, a 20+lber typically won the big fish pot on my trips! We would also head out to really deep water and fish for silver snapper - it is some of the best eating fish out there.

Again, congrats on that huge King!

8. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Nice King !:B I caught a few down there on spring break back in the day maybe 20lbs., 40lbs. is flippin' huge !

Attached Files:

9. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling