close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flood

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cherrell136, Aug 22, 2007.

1. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

Hey Yonder, just wondering if you are in the flooding area. I am over here on Central Ave. and we are completely dry.

2. My brother lives on 5th and they had about 2-3' of water in their house. First time ever.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

John...that's awful news about Kenny. Hope he and the fam are ok.

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

my buddy lives on Lockwood and it come within inches of his main level of his house of course his basement was filled and i think he said his garage had about a foot in it

5. I live in the Lima area, and have been keeping a eye on our neighbors to the north, we got plenty like 5 inches, but nothing like they got around Bluffon, Ottawa and Findlay. Reports said 7 to 10 inches, and they are comparig this to the flood of 1981.
    Even saw a segment on the Weather Channel this morning, Thrusday, that they were reporting from downtown Findlay, What a Mess.
    Feeling for the people that live in that area.

6. Yep, my basement flooded with about a foot of sewer water coming up from the drain in the center of the floor . Yesterday was a wierd day and I didnt sleep much last night since I was trying to keep my makeshift sump pump working . The water was gone around 9 this morning, now I have to cleanup. Thank God some of you stayed dry . I didnt know you were a neighbor Cherrell136 . :)

7. cherrell136

Glad to hear for the most part that everything is OK. No lives lost anyway.
    I hope the rain holds off for a while, but it is not looking good for us.
    Yes Yonder I am a neighbor. Probably run into you sometime either at Findlay or McComb res. sometime. I will be the female fishing on the bank by myself. lol My daughter just won't go with me....lol

8. The Maumee needed a good flush. I was at The Maumee Perrysburg bridge the water was at Ft Meigs parking lot was at about the same level as it was during ice out

9. I live in Pandora, 3 houses from Riley creek. We had water about 2" from coming over the front porch, and it was clear around the house and in the crawl space. luckily it didn't get into the house. They have a mark in the park from the flood in 1913, and I heard the creek crested about 8" above that.
    We were lucky here in town. I sure feel for all those in Bluffton, Findlay and Ottawa.

10. I work for The Salvation Army in Findlay, and helped staff the Red Cross Shelter at St. Andrew's Tuesday evening. By Wednesday morning (5am), the Blanchard River was flowing down the middle of Crawford Street, approximately 2 - 3 feet deep. (I looked but did not see any smallies!)

We lost two of our vehicles out behind our building on Center Street but our building did not suffer any damage. Our neighbors are amazed because the water was waste deep in our neighborhood!

Needless to say, it has been a very long week...only 10 hours of sleep since Tuesday morning. Please remember all of the flood victims in your prayers, as well as our good friends at the Red Cross and us at the Salvation Army. The next few months are going to be extremely stressful for literally thousands of our residents! God bless...and if you were impacted by the flood...pm me and we'll get you some help!
    z

11. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

My wife and I lucked out. We live 8 miles east of Ottawa and 1 1/2 miles north of the Blanchard. We had water coming in the basement but the sump kept up. I work for the U of F in maintenance and I saw first hand the damages caused by the flood. We were busting our tails from early Tue. morning until Saturday afternoon pumping out basements and installing new water heaters that were flooded out in basements. The university owns a ton of houses that are used for student housing. It's amazing - the main campus looked like nothing ever happened last Friday. But when you went just 2 blocks south it looked like a bomb went off. On Friday and Saturday I observed residents hauling furniture, building materials and personal belongings out to the curb to be hauled away. I can't tell you the pain I felt for those who lost so much and how it made me feel fortunate that my own home and family were safe. Students were moving in all weekend for the start of classes today and some of them were moving into housing with no hot water or A/C. By the end of the day today we had hot water in all houses affected. We hope to get moving on replacing furnaces as soon as we get the new units. Dissenfecting is also needed in the basements of the flooded houses. If you have never waded in water with sewage and who knows what I can tell you it is not fun. But, that's what hip boots are for!:p I hope that I never see another catastrophy like this again. It really hits you. Remember to remember the flood victims in your prayers and help out if possible either financially or just helping with a little of your time.

12. cherrell136

To anyone who is interested I received a very amazing slide show of the flood.

If you would like to have it, just send me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.