close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Floating worm?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, May 17, 2004.

1. I’ve been told that a bubblegum (no, not pink!) floating worm is deadly on post spawn bass. What is your favorite brand of floating worms, how do you rig them, and how do you fish them? Thanks!

2. ;) Try this Carolina rig the worm on 3-4 feet of leader to a swivel add a 1/2 oz. slip sinker to your main line and tie on the swivel. I am not patial to one brand or another. You can put an air bubble in a regular worm and make a floater out of it.

If you are fishing fairly clean bottom try using a 1/2 oz. jig :) instead of the sinker. If you use a light color worm put on a dark jig. Give it a shot

Saltwater

3. I love to fish zoom trick worms texas rigged weightless for spring bass. Just throw them up by the bank and let it sink very slowly then jerk and repeat. Its almost like a senko except it falls a lot slower.

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I have had some luck using a white floating worm around lilly pads and other weeds in shallow lakes . I prefer Venom's but have had luck on others to . I rig them like a Texas rig with a 3/0 hook but without a sinker . You can either twitch the worm enough to keep it on top or twitch it and let it sink . Both ways work pretty well .

5. Zoom-pink, yellow, and white

6. JBJ

JBJ