close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Floating fly line-tip sinking..

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Janus, May 25, 2007.

1. My weight foward floating fly line is sinking at the tip. About 10-12 inches rest 1 inch below the water while the rest floats on top. Is there any fix for it or is it time to buy some new line? or just not worry about it...This stuff is new but it was an off brand from ebay and pretty inexpensive. It shoots well and I like the way it casts but the tip thing drives me crazy..
    Janus

2. ignore it--or if it bothers you a lot clean the line with a cleaner/conditioner and chances are it will retore it to its original condition---

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Let the line dry out completely and clean it well. After you have done this seal the end of the fly line with some sort of glue like zap a gap jell or softex to seal the cut end of the line. Water will soak up the fly line through the open end and cause the line to sink. I you need to cut off some of the end of the line but don't cut too much. S

4. I take advantage of it...it allows me to sloooowly sink small buggers and hares ear nymphs...if they are not too heavily weighted they reach a nuetral bouyancy and flutter in the slightest current in the water, fish can't resist.