close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Float Tubes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Thinking about getting one. Me and my dad wade allot as you know, but run into deeper water and have to get on the bank to get by. Im thinking of float tubing.
    Just looking on the some info on the them. advantages and disadvantages, and what ever i should i know.
    Thanks.

P.S. should fish AEP this year. Heard a tube is almost a must to fish those ponds.

2. I love using a tube at AEP but dont think it would be too good for creek fishing, at least the creeks I fish. If you are mostly wading and just have a few holes that are too deep to wade I think it would be more of a pain. I think the best thing to do at AEP is look at the map and find a few lakes that you have to hike into. Get a back pack and a small pump for your tube so you can hike in and blow up your tube by the lake you are going to fish. They are kinda hard to get into and out of but once you are in it its great. Dont bother with the duck fins that let you move forward, they suck, just stick with the regular fins and plan on moving backwards or hopefully you'll have a nice breeze and you can just let the wind do the work for ya.

3. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Once you use a float tube, you will wonder what took you so long.

4. I have both types and I think that the open front is the one to get. Easier to get in and out of. With the closed front one I found out that it is easier if you unhook the seat and put on over your head it is a lot easier.

Bill aka wormdunker69

5. Once you get your first "Nantucket sleigh ride" from a big fish, you'll be as hooked as he is!