close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Float Tube suggestions

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by normd, Jul 16, 2007.

1. I have a few days off at the end of the week. I would like to take my bellyboat somewhere to try for panfish. I have done the La Sue Ann thing and it's not worth my drive for the limited amount of fish you can keep. Any suggestions as to where I should try for Gills and Crappie? Thanks!

2. Lake Vinyard in the Irish hills area of michigan holds some monster gills. Not usre if you have or are willing to get an out of state license but they spawn in the shallows all summer and are easy pickings sight fishing.

3. MIght you have directions to Lake Vinyard?

4. Was able to get a reservation on La Sue Ann for Friday. I was suprised to find out that they raised the limit to 30 rather then 10. You can now keep 5 over 8". I just couldn't see driving an hour for 10 keepers. Now I just hope the weather cooperates.

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah the limit is 30 but most do not get it rite now. the fish r in about 8-13ft. of water staging 4 the spawn(u really need a fish finder). We got our 60 from 10-4 and then we got another 60 bass (small) later in the day on white spinnerbaits and buzzbaits in black. Try straight off the launch ramp all the way across the lake about 50ft. off shore use a TINY jig tipped with a waxie. P.S. the 30 limit is only 4 lake la su an and is only 4 a limited time znc we did find some really small ones near shore... good luck

6. I am going to be on the big lake. I have had luck with real tiny jig head tipped with Berkley maggots dragged on the bottom. I have take a fish ohio gill that way. I have done well right off the lauch. I think with the boats in and out of that area the water gets churned up which make natural food selections float around more. I will let you know how i do.