Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
KrappieKat
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever fish from a float tube? Are there restrictions, licensing, mandatory equipment, etc? It looks like an interesting and fun way to fish.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Float tube fishing can be a blast. A lot more fun on lakes where there's not alot of boat action. Make sure you have some decent swimming fins. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Waders only if the water is to cold or you don't like maybe getting leaches, small ponds have them once in a while. If it has 2 or more air pontoons, main bladders, then it needs a license, backrest not included. Maybe a life vest would be a good thing until you are use to it.

·
AEP Tuber Association
893 Posts
Float tube fishing is great. Get yourself a round tube which will run you $60 to $150 dollars. Fin cost about $20. Chest waders for spring fishing. Find you some local ponds or small lakes and have a blast. It's one of the most peaceful ways to fish. No motors or cellphones. Just you and nature.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Anyone ever have an encounter with a snapping turtle? I wanted to try it...but I'm not much of a bug/snake guy. I ask about turtles because I've hooked them in both of the ponds that I fish semi-regularly...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I love float tubin as well. Put your fish ( if your keeping them) in a basket and not n a stringer and you should be ok with the turtles. The key is to make sure you do not get too far from shore incase you need to get out quick. I have never had anyone tell me of specific regulations.

Bdrape

1 - 8 of 8 Posts