close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fletching

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Smallie Gene, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

I have some arrows that need fletched. Does anyone know what Gander Mt. would charge to put veins on per shaft? Thanks.

2. DrZ

DrZ

I know sometimes I just dont want to spend the money, but if you are in a position where you can, you would be way better off to buy a jig, some fletchtite and a pack of your favorite fletching. You will never regret buying a fletching jig. Anyone who is serious about shooting a bow should have one. Being able to experiment with different fletching is nice, you can always fix any damaged arrows you have, and you can save money by making your own arrows. You can get one off Ebay for less than $25. I bet Gander MT. sells a cheap jig as well.

3. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

I was just thinking, I need 3 arrows fletched and the arrows are about $4/piece so if they try to charge me $1 and arrow or something I may slap them and just buy new arrows or super glue my own fletching on.

4. I don't know their price, but I can assure you that it'll be more than $1 a piece. Heck, I can barely fletch my own for that, and they have to be paid for their time and materials.

5. Smallie Don't use superglue! You might find yourself wonderin the woods in the rain with bare shafts. Use Fletchtite. Jig at Gander approx $17. Walmart has Easton 390's 2413 4inch vanes for 3.98. Hard to beat that.