Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 of us are going to Michigan to the Fletcher Pond. We leave May 17 noon and come back May 20 night.

All is set up, boat and a cabin rented. This one extra guy was supposed to go with us but he did not get time off at work.

We stay:
http://www.lyonslanding.net/

If you don't know what Fletcher Pond is about just reply here.

The total cost (boat, accommodation, license, fuel) will be around $120-$160 per person.

ATM we have 2 other people going (excluding myself):
Tomasz - polish guy, we went to Fletcher Pond twice already together
Nick - British guy, very serious angler and outdoorsman.

Let me know if you are interested.
greg

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
who all's going with you from the site??
littleking? liq. tension??

Lets pray for some hot days before we get there and we should all be into the mother load. there hasnt been a good breakout of fish yet so i am ready to work that lake over.

we have to hook up, drink a beer and tell some lies.

we are staying at jacks landing greg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, Eric (littleking) is going a week later. They could not get a room at all to go with us.

So when are you going newbreed? same time as we do? It would be great to meet up there

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
we leave the night of the 16 and return on the 20th.

shoot me a PM your phone number i have a ongoing delema.
we may have had someone back out as well.

We will meet up and i will be availible on cell # for on the water advice:B

NewbreedMitch

yeah, Eric (littleking) is going a week later. They could not get a room at all to go with us.

So when are you going newbreed? same time as we do? It would be great to meet up there

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6146190114 is the phone i will have with me.

In our case - we have rented this huge 6 ppl trailor or something and there is only 3 of us, so there is tons of extra room. How many other people are going with you?

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
I have 3 folks and was looking for a 4th to round out our cabin and 2 boat rentals. 300-350 includes everything...except food.

i may call you this week

IT' SLIME TIME :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks like it will be a good time i may be in need to get with you on the phone pm me if there is a open spot

·
Registered
128 Posts
agen thanks for getting this going cant wait I love fishing for pike see you on the 17th leckig :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO
2,550 Posts
SLIME TIME IT IS! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO god i cant wait!

were going may 24th-27th going to be a great time... gonna get covered in slime and gonna eat tons of fletchers pond pearrrch (polish accent)

SLIME ROCKETS HERE WE COME!

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
You do know bass season don't open until May 26th

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
Season is closed but they just changed the rule that you can legally catch and release all black bass in MI. NY has done the same.

Perfect timing here guys....Pike are recovered from the spawn and actively feeding in there optimal water temp. of 55-65 and the largemouth will be just awakining to an onslaught of Ohio anglers.

I have a spot open @ Jacks Landing and as well as a 14ft Lund/with 10hp.

I will be leaving next wendsday May 16th @ 8-9pm and we will fish 3 hard days arriving back in Columbus on Sunday around dinner time.

If anyone wants to leave with me from Columbus you have a ride in my comfy Suburban a cabin with a bed and all amminities and boat rental.
No panzys please. I fish hardcore and am looking for the same.

$300-$350 will cover all expenses (cabin/boat/all gas for the trip and your license) all you bring/buy is food

send me a pm if you are seriously interested.

newbreedmitch

I have some extra gear if you are lacking.

You do know bass season don't open until May 26th

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
It would be my luck to get a once in a life time wall hanger bass and would have to let it go. AND no I don't want to hear about replicas -vs- real mounts, thats not why I posted this.
Good luck guys, If you had an extra day Lake St Helen is a pike heaven. You'll pass it on your way.

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
yeah but you can spit shine a replica when your bored ...much like a pair of shoes:D

·
"Work Hard, Play Harder"
193 Posts
Hey This looks like a fun trip, not as far as Canada but close to same experience-- Does Fletcherpond have a HP restricion? I am thinking about going up first week in June -- Thanks Mo

·
Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO
2,550 Posts
no restriction, just a common sense speed restriction... this place has millions of stumps.. yes, MILLIONS

i've tried to explain to people how many stumps there are, but they dont listen... just ask swollengoat about the minefield

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Yup, be careful - I've seen guys out there haul azz, but I wouldn't do it. Maybe they know the lake better, or don't value their props/motors/boats as much as I do. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
DATE: May 15 2007
The floodwaters are responding to the summer season itn grand style. We are seeing 30+ inch Northerns giving anglers an awesome time. With good numbers of decent size pike hitting on in-line spinners and spoons. Ask in the baitshop at Jacks for the hot colors of the day. Bass are being ridiculous in their bite, with a number of catch and release anglers having 60 fish days. Top water action creating alot a fun and excitment. The Crappie are moving away from the warm bays and are a little more difficult to find . Still great action once you find them though. Haven't heard much on the Perch , but know we have a good class of jumbos out there. Gills are not in yet for there spawning. Be coservate on your take please when they do. They are much to easy to catch at that time , an we need them to spawn for the future. Great time to be on Fletchers and enjoy northern michigan . Morels are popping up also right now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts