close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fleece fly fishing gloves

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by kruggy1, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I just ordered some windproof fleece fishing gloves for flyfishing this steelie season. I have tried all different kinds and types to keep my hands warm and figured what will these hurt. Has anyone have any experience or comments about these type of gloves,Thanks.

2. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I have Chota wth the fold over mitten. I rarely use them since it hard to use but I do like the wool fingerrless glove also.

3. Simms are the best ones for the money. I have two pairs and I find that they are very worth the money.

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

I'll 2nd that crkwader. I have three pr as I found them on sale for $15 but my oldest pr(10yrs+) still is great and gets the most wear.If they get wet make sure you don't leave them in your jacket pocket...ugggh! Fermented fish slime does not smell good! TC1

5. $7.00 rag wool gloves 5 yrs later they still work w/o making a fashion statement, and yes never put them in your jacket. Please dont put them in you wifes car either and forget about them!..lol...

6. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

The thing I dislike about wool is it snags flies as you handle them w/ all those fluffy hairs that sticks out.TC1

7. I carry cheap versions of fingertipless wool and fleece gloves, nothing over $10, I have been wearing the fleece but if it is raining, or if it gets really cold I will take the wool over the fleece, stays warmer in extreme conditions. if its a comfortable 30 degrees+ I'll wear the fleece, as tc1 said not as many problems with flies in the gloves, unless your a total clutz who cant tie knots, so my gloves get lots of visitors either way