close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FLATs in sciotot near Circleville

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugeyeslayer, Jul 23, 2004.

1. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

Any one gettin flatties or any cats for that matter on the SCIoto greenlawn has produced a few small ones...WHERE THEY AT?
    what to use gills? chubs? suckers? Crays? im confused

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have fished the scioto alot this year for flats, and my total catch is 0 fish.

3. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i don't fish the scioto very much these days but if i were gonna go for cats near circleville i'd have to fish where darby empties into the scioto. :D

4. my cousin said he cought two near c town last weekend in the sciota one was about 15 pounds and the other was 5.he was using live warmouths.

5. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

dont you mean rockbass i thought warmouths were a southern species! lol
    mabye they were mabye they werent ...at least he caught 2 more shovels than me LOL :p

6. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

however if you dont release them they will become extinct (from the scioto...north of greenlawn) Got one a couple months ago.....wont give the exact location but it was from the oshay to greenlawn strech...had to spend 3 weeks researching how to find them before I finnaly caught one...high water is one of the easiest times to get them, right now is a perfect time, but the water is low..so they can be anywhere.... here is a good site for catfish info....have fun and PLEASE catch and release ALL flatheads! http:// brotherhood-of-catfishermen.com/catfish/messages/66/132.html

Attached Files:

7. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

thanks for the new forum site Ack. I read just enough posts to add it to my favorites. Nice fish, by the way.

-Dave