close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flathead's Friday night 6-24

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by rockbass, Jun 26, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Myself, TCBA1987 and wife went to Will's Creek for Cats.....Also meeting us there was catfish_hunter..........

Surprisingly, I started the night out with a Flathead nearly 25 lbs. Great way to start the night at 7:22 Fish through the night with several good hits/runs. Lost a flattie that prob was about 12-13 lbs and also landed a 9lb 6oz flathead. TCBA also caught a 7 lb flattie that was his first in a long time. All the fish were healthy looking and of course were released.

We also had easily 6-8 runs where we would actually fight the fish for a short time and the fish would basically spit the bait out. When we reeled the bait in, you would never have even known there was a fish on the line just to see the bait. We were not the only ones it was happening to.

Catfish_hunter also caught a mussel on a small chub I believe. Also, we were not the only ones who had that happen. One other guy said he caught one on a chub, and another guy caught one on worms....I think he said worms.

I don't know about you pro's, but that was a pretty good night for me. The fish were full of fight! :B

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish, way to go on releasing them!

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Thanks a lot! Like i said, I am not the pro, but have caught what I think to be nice Flathead's.... Would like a 30 lber again this year, but I know I have to wait it out. Just a shame that so many people have been taking so many huge fish out lately. Then ask me why I release my fish.....I tell them so that way some dumb___ can catch them another day and kill them.....That usually gets them to just give the I'm dumb stare. :D

4. sounds like a fun night to me...wtg!

5. Thats a nice fish. I might have to go there again sometime soon.

6. flathunter

rockbass I like you!

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Ahh that's the sweetet thing anyone has ever said to me on here! :D

Josh, I will be fishing more pretty soon I am willing to bet......possibly tonight :C Still have not slept since yesterday when I woke up from the previous all nighter at 1030am.

8. dip

dip dip

ya think flat jack is begging you for a trip?

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good going guys. I hope to meet you guys if I go to Tappan. If Bubbahunter aint going with me I'll have a seat open on the boat. Maybe I should ask Bubba........ Bubba, you going? (all depends if I have $ for me!!!)

10. flathunter

mellon is going to drive 4hrs to tappen???????

11. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Good Job Guys!! Nice looking fish.

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Why no picture ?? ;)
    Ahh...got cha !! :)

13. I cant belive the big fish that were caught this weekend...All those big shovelheads on Friday then the channelcats i caught last nite...Its just amazeing...Im probably gonna have to keep going every nite until i get :S ...I had a big channel cat on Friday nite and I was useing a rod I never used before and the line snapped...Needless to say I was pretty angry...

14. nothin like a little notice .lol wish i could have went because mellon will end up fishing the outer banks cause he missed his exit.

15. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Outer Banks..............:eek:

16. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I don't know about that, but I would like to meet up with him some day to fish for some flatties! I am an amatuer and a young "punk", but I love to fish and would like to fish with some more OGF buddies!

H2O, I may be up for a boat ride if yours is half empty......I do know a good area to try for Flatties that you need a boat to get to!