Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going out tomorrow night to fish for flatheads. I have heard a lot about the muskingum river and have heard about some decent flats being caught at the wills creek dam. It's about an hour and a half drive so I don't want to waste my time driving out there if I don't even have a chance of catching anything when I could go to tappan or clendening instead. Has anyone had any luck fishing the wills creek dam? And what will the water conditions be like after all the rain we've had?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have access through some family that own a cabin on the lake. Was their this weekend. Didn't even waste my time fishing. That creek drains a very large area, so the dam was made for flood control. The lake was the second highest I've ever seen it, had to of came up 15 ft and the water was so muddy as it drooped a foot or two it left a layer of mud on the trees. And the spill way was BLOWN OUT. A good bet would be saltfork or tapan, I've done well at saltfork after some heavy rain.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
No, it's pretty much unfishable. They held a lot of water back and there now letting it go. Last week there was an average of 7 to 9 foot coming out but yesterday they kicked it up to 11.94 feet and this morning it's up to 12.59.. That's one heck of a lot of water coming out of that spillway.
I fish down there a lot, spring , fall and winter and keep track of the water flow all year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts