close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flatheads are the best medicine

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by M.Magis, Jul 17, 2005.

1. After dragging my crippled body out for last few weeks with few results, something finally went well. On a hunch, I've been wanting to experiment some different waters lately. True to his name :D , Justcrazy agreed to the experiment. Honestly, I was hoping for better results, but we certainly can't complain. We ended up with a couple young ladies that could have passed for twins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were also a couple missed opportunities, but that flatheading.

2. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

Very nice catch man. As far as medicine goes, you could not be more correct. There is something about those ever so hope-filled hours just before and after sunset of waiting for that first flat to hit and when it does, all other problems seem to just go away; but that is why we fish. I know my blood pressure has to go down as soon as all those rods are set & ready!

JB

3. catking

catking Banned

Very nice indeed !!! Justcrazy has come a long way in the cattin area, that's for sure..... ;) Thanks for the report M.Magis.......... THE CATKING !!!

4. AWESOME...
    Glad you got a fix in :D

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice flatheads Mike!

6. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Holy crapola!!! Those are some nice huge flats. What did you catch them on?

I agree that fishing is the best medicine even when I don't catch a single thing. Just being on the water with the rods set and relaxing makes all the stress of working go away. Just wish the weekend was longer to do more fishing.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Glad to see the little ones were biting, but from you I expected to see a trophy flathead. :D Great job guys, way to go.

8. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Nice fish guys!

9. I'm still recovering from the back surgery, so I figured 35 lbs. was the most I could lift safely. Rob and I agreed we'd limit our catch to "mediocre" fish only and save the big ones for next time. :D ;)

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Mediocre fish to you are good ones for me! Those are some nice fish! Thanks for showing the pics! :) :B

11. Nice flats!! You did much better than we did. Hope you get back to 100% real soon.

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice fish,guys.
    seems like their on the move finally:cool:
    after the baby i got a couple weeks ago,i'll settle for mediocre unless the big boys wanna play ;)
    if i hadn't had plans saturday,i'd have got hold of you.we gotta get together again soon.especially with dumbass :rolleyes: :D
    i haven't got a chance to get out with him yet this year.and i won't place any limitations on him ;)

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Real nice, I bet you dipped your chicken livers in banana strawberry jello, eh ??
    You-know-who will be making a speedier recovery after seeing those. ;)

14. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Mike
    Expectations sure are high for you :D
    I told you to leave the reel selector on trophy fish

Sawbones will probably release me to drive the first week of Aug. :)
    If I have weight restrictions and can't lift em we just take pictures of em by my boot :D

If it ain't 50 we will have to call it a practice fish so no one is disappointed ;)

15. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Mike I had a great time and I am even more anxious to get back out than I was last week. For a couple of cursed men we didn't do to bad at all.

They weren't the biggest fish in the lake, but they sure acted like they had taken some fighting lessons once we set the hook.

As for your old fart, welll, welll, I resemble that dumbass statement :) . As soon as you are ready I'm sure I can find room for you in the boat. You just have to get permission from Capt. Woody to come aboard.

Rob

16. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'm ready.and i'll bribe captain woody with a goodie :D

17. Who told our secret flathead bait? :D ;)
    Misfit would be proud. I think I only slept for an hour. :D

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D you learn fast,LOL.
    finally,someone who can hang with me besides dumba................justcrazy :D ;)

19. catking

catking Banned

Where's my waders...it's getting deep in this thread... :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

20. Nice flats :) congrats!!!I might have to try fishing again sometime myself :rolleyes: