Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been up to st. marys several times with my uncle in the last month or so and have done pretty well on channels and bullheads but would really like to get into the flatheads...planned on going tomorrow afternoon and fishing into the evening and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise...areas to fish, what baits work best (other than creek chubs and gills), times to fish, how to fish for them; bottom or with float, etc... weve been and watched a guy snag a 30-40lber last weekend at the spillway off of rt.703...we typically fish the east bank or windy point and have ventured into cold creek but havent done that great there except when the water is muddy and its only been channels...we are limited to bank fishing only so any advice would be appreciated....thanks

Flathead King

·
Registered
453 Posts
Try fishing Harmons. Have seen many cat guys on the point there. Ask other cat guys you might run into. I too have snagged huge flats in the spillway.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
knew a couple guys who used to fish up there years back for flatties. they always fished by the lighthouse over in Celina.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the night wasnt a total washout...we got there and the bite was slow, then around 7 it picked up and we ended up with 11 channels between 2-5lbs each and a sheephead (freshwater drum) but had many more bites...thye were just finicky biters, nibble and let go. But as for flatheads...nothing, we fished the windy point area where the creek feeds into the lake, but no good, we also watched several crappie caught and 2 other channels caught around the docks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts