close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flathead Newbie

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by CarpFreak5328, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Hey whats up everyone finally glad to find a place to talk to other ohio fisherman!! Just a quick question here. I think i have ahold of this flathead fishing thing (i caught a 30 pounder last week!!) I use a slip bober with heavy leader and the slip sinker about 8in above my hook and my other rig is a slip sinker on my main like and a barrel swivel below that with a 12in leader and my hook, also a small split shot above my slip sinker so it dont slip to much when the bait fish is swimming around. Are these good rigs? I know the bober one probly is but i really never heard of the bottom one i use. It seems to work in the paypound i fish in in central ohio in a town called middleburg. Any suggestions about that or any other flathead tips will be greatly apprectated.

Thank you.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I think the bobber rig is what most paylake fishermen use...The bottom rig is what I generally use minus the split shot above the slip sinker, it seems to defeat the idea of a slip rig.

3. Ive found out that the bottom rig works really good with a lively fish like a bullhead but just doesnt work with a less stronger fish like a bluegill. The bober rig is awesome for bluegill.