close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

flathead bottom rigs?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Fish G3, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Was wondering how you all set up bottom rigs for flatheads? Im talkin live bait i just used an egg sinker and swivel with a 2-3 ft long leader and used it that way and was wondering if there were any better ways?

2. Thats the way I always do my rigs....Depends on the current what kind and size of sinker i use...If im fishin a lake i will usually use a 2 or 3 oz egg and if im fishing in the river i usually use a 2oz up to 4oz flat bank, no roll, or bank sinker...

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

4. My leaders never go longer than 1 ft

5. As Joey said I usually use a short leader as well...and I always use a lighter leader line than my main line

6. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Same rig I use and like the other guys I prefer a shorter leader, usually about 8-12". God were all so boring:p

7. thanks for the info, i'll see if anything changes tomorrow with a shorter leader

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

i wouldnt use a leader any longer then 18 inches long............MOST of my leaders are right around 12 inches long !!!

9. Atleast I know I am doing something right!:) Too bad I'm not catching any fish though:(

10. The leaders i was using were right at 20 inches, made em 13 today and had the best success for a while...2 flatheads 13.6 and 10.3 and 8 channels from 1-6.2lbs, thanks for the help guys

11. BigRed

BigRed Just keep casting ...

Thanks for the link Misfit :)

I'll be trying this out asap !!

Good Fishing !!