Flat Rock Creek entering CC

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BigRed, Dec 29, 2008.

1. BigRed

BigRed Just keep casting ...

:confused: Hey All,

Happy Holidays !!

Quick question about CC. Does anyone know where "Flat Rock Creek" enters Caesar Creek Lake? I've checked my small collection of maps and can't find it listed or marked. I'm guessing it's in one of the coves but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone care to share where it's located?

Happy New Year to All !!!

BigRed

2. Big Red, I've never heard of a "Flat Rock Creek" at CC, which doesn't mean there isn't one. But there is Flat Fork Run, which enters flat fork cove at the south end of the lake near the dam, and it is seldom dry. I'm interested in where you might of run into the Flat Rock Creek terminology. I believe that, other than the main entrance to the lake, the rest of the coves are fed by runs.

3. BigRed

The name comes from a Fish Ohio book my wife gave me for Christmas :)

The name "Flat Rock Creek" is mentioned several times so I was curious about it's location. As I mentioned, I haven't been able to locate it either. I'm using ODNR maps, Topo Maps (from Lancaster, Ohio), Google Earth, and NASA World Wind 1.4 ... none of them mark that name. I've also done some Google searches, I've found references to "Flat Rock Creek" associated with CC but no maps or even general directions.

Still looking, will update if I find anything ...

Anyone else know where it's located?

BigReD

4. "Flat Fork" creek enters near the damn. That's the closest i've heard of.

5. BigRed

Thank you Weatherby, for the link. I emailed the gentleman heading that project and I also found a link to the books author and emailed him.

If I find an answer I'll post it, it may just be a "gee-whiz" fact but maybe someone else is as curious as I am.

BigRed

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

7. BigRed

Lewzer, you're exactly right. The author replied to me and stated that he refered to the creek SE of the dam as "Flat Rock Creek". Not sure which is the correct name but I'm sure that it doesn't matter much either way :)

Well, one small mystery solved. Thanks Lewzer, Weatherby, and others for helping with this .... name-thing.

BigRed

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Team Stratos

one year i took the cove over by the dam all the way back to were the creek flows into it and there was a large flat rock if i remember right